1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
743 Posts
Worst part is it is actually a dealer making the mistake. Shows he doesn't care much about his inventory to not learn the details.

Although...and this is a stretch I agree...maybe it is chrome orange but the pics are taken with a crappy camera in bad lighting? The pics of the door sills make the color look much more orange...even yellowish. Prob just flash effect, but still... the pics are are horrible. Taken on the cloudiest day possible it looks like. And they almost seem darkened artificially, but that's prob just a poor camera quality.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Ya...that caught my eye too. I was writing it off as possible camera noise..possible.. but I think you're right. And even a distorted image from a poor camera or poor lighting wouldn't show all reflections as exactly as they show here.

I'll msg the guy to double check his facts.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/member.php?u=3318

I am pretty positive CO exists for '08 since I've seen it and read it in places, but this is the best proof I can come up with. Stephen just got a new '08 240 S in CO. Pretty sure he wouldn't mistake his own car considering he owned CO in the past.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Don't beat the guy too much as from my understanding it was a typo and he'll change it soon enough but in all honesty, not too many NEW cars...if any at all, are sold on Ebay.

For the record though, it's Burnt Orange.

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
I just took my torch and tried to burn an orange, but it turned out much more on the black side then what's shown in your pictures.
So no way that this color is burned orange...:shrug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts