The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a friend of mine make this for me. I didn't want my extra drivers seat sitting in the garage collecting dust. The seat is still on the rails so it is fully adjustable for all sizes and shapes of people from children to that six foot five tall driver. It also has wheels on the back so you can just pick up the front and roll it around.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Nice... selling to me would have been better though.

·
Registered
277 Posts
No Harness? :D

Very Nice!

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Put some damn wheels on the front, add a lawn mower engine, and you wouldn't need the video game stuff.

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Have you decided how to mount the substrap?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Sweet! I was actually looking at doing something similar for my PS3 setup. These people want way too much for their Lotus seats though:eek: And I like mine right where they are!

·
Modern Day Hippie
3,839 Posts
Neat... mine are in storage. Too bad I don't play video games.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,232 Posts
I've got 4 (2 pairs) of base 2005 cloth seats in my basement - perhaps I should add legs to them and use them for kitchen chairs ;)

·
Registered
3,958 Posts
Very Cool, I was thinking of doing the very same thing with my extra seat. Mine wouldn't be as nice as yours. I was thinking of using the legs of my ironing board. :D

·
Registered
821 Posts
i hate you. seriously. that's soooo awesome. not only do you have a better seat in your car than I....you also have a killer gaming setup.

knucklehad if u do that make sure to videotape the first time u sit in it....i dont forsee your ironing boards' legs taking it...but i could be wrong as I've never met your ironing board

I've got 4 (2 pairs) of base 2005 cloth seats in my basement - perhaps I should add legs to them and use them for kitchen chairs ;)
2 questions. why do u have 2 spare sets of seats? and why haven't you made a set of chairs? that'd be AWESOME!!! my wife might not agree.

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
lol I like the dead pedal!

I came up with something similar when GT4 was released using an old Miata seat. I made it out of wood from a fence we had to take down. Old wood fence + Miata seat isn't as baller as yours but it's still functional and has been used for countless hours of fake racing :D

·
Registered
965 Posts
Whoa! That's amazing (And as a hardcore gamer I should know :p) Wanna ask your friend write up a how-to or somethin? Anyway, brilliant! :clap:

·
Registered
685 Posts
Had a friend of mine make this for me. I didn't want my extra drivers seat sitting in the garage collecting dust. The seat is still on the rails so it is fully adjustable for all sizes and shapes of people from children to that six foot five tall driver. It also has wheels on the back so you can just pick up the front and roll it around.
Where is the man pedal? -poke-

·
Registered
263 Posts
haha that is pretty much awesome!

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Where is the man pedal? -poke-
I use the paddle shifter instead of a clutch, works better with games... I have another wheel I use for my PC that has a Clutch and shifter...

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...very nice...if only i could justify the space required of that sort of setup - my current ambitions are much more pedestrian...

1 - 20 of 32 Posts