The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am looking forward to dropping around 16-20K down on a new or used elise soon. Anyone know of any good places to start looking besides Park Place? My pref is that its used.

On a further note, I am probably looking to head to the BP Academy this fall, and I probably will be moving to New Mexico once I graduate since I passed entry exam and oral board.

Fun times.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
912 Posts
They ordered a bunch of SC cars. Out of my price range. I think I would be happy with a low mile 05 car. I was ogling the silver one. Todd is real nice. Super low key. It's a small operation compared to Park Place.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
:up::up: Lotus of Portland :up::up:

Great experience buying from them over the phone 2 yrs ago. They also arranged delivery to a local dealer in LA for me at no extra charge.

I think they primarily deal in motorcycles. Todd and all the people there were GREAT to deal with, and no pressure.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just want a base model elise, but if it comes modded in my price range I won't mind ether except if was poorly done and cost me alot more $$ down the road to maintain it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just got in a 05 Silver with sport package and hard top for $31,900!!!!! 20k miles and we sold it new, so we know its a clean car with up to date service.

·
Registered
148 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wonder if someone let me take their's for a spin, my wife wants me to get a Saturn Sky Redline and I have to admit it is a pretty fun car to drive. I haven't driven an elise in a while so I need to compare. Sky is more of a daily driver but the elise is probably more fun.
One thing is bothering me though, why people seem to have their elise for such a short time just to turn around and sell it?

·
Registered
351 Posts
You can drive your Elise/Exige everyday... I use my Exige S as a daily driver! :D

·
Registered
36 Posts
I bought two cars at Park Place--they had the cars i wanted, whereas Portland didn't, although i liked Todd a lot on the phone. Over all, PP treated me fairly reasonably, though.

Terry

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You can drive your Elise/Exige everyday... I use my Exige S as a daily driver! :D
Exige seats are alot nicer then the standard Elise seats. The 05 that's my avatar, its seats felt like plastic with cardboard padding wrapped in fabric. Riding in Truballa's elise for hours gave me a backache after riding for hours even though I didn't care at that point. I'd have to swap out the standard seats in the Elise for daily driving.
Regardless I'd use it for daily driving (second to using my motorcycle as a DD) and weekend motor sports. As the clock counts down to when I actually go purchase a car, the options tend to weigh heavier on me.
I know most of the upsides to having a lotus, I'd just like to hear some opinions of downsides from other owners.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Downsides to the elise.... I have only been driving mine for a few days and here are a few complaints, non of which are deal breakers. HUGE BLIND SPOT! it is a pain in the freeway. Pain to get in and out of but after a few days I got it down pretty good but it would suck to be getting in and out a lot in a day. No cup holder.... already fixed that with an 08 elise cup holder from lotus garage. elbow room with a passenger is non existent so if you carry a passenger a lot then that will get annoying. everything is expensive wereas other cars like the sky are much cheaper to mod and repair. Rearview mirror is WAY to big and you have to duck and look under it when making right turns. AC has no power but it is a convertable so it really does not matter. That is about all I can think of right now with my limited experience in it. None of these things even put a dent in the amount of joy it is to drive it. I will say that after about 30 mins of driving I feel like im just driving a car and it is nothing special........that is until my palms start sweating and my heart rate goes through the roof in the bends. It is like a bad drug and it is addicting. Once I get out of it I just stand there and stare and think about the next time I get to drive it. I hope that never wears off.

Poeple keep saying the seats are horrible but honestly I drove mine for about 4 hours today and had no issue whatsoever. I think they are quite comfortable but that is just a matter of opinion. Granted I have been flying helicopters for the last 15 months with 45 pounds of body armor and ammo on and it is like sitting on a sheet of plywood so I guess anything is an improvement for me right now.

Fun factor=lotus elise/exige. Practicality=saturn sky. I will stick with the lotus.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
^^^ yep... rotfl

·
Registered
186 Posts
hey people..
stop whining:panic:
elise is a beautiful car..if you're fat ...you won't fit:shrug:
no elbow room...buy a buick:thwack:
there are no downsides if you're driving enthusiast:D
blind spot is insignificant because i drive faster then most people anyway...:no::crazyeyesrotfl

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you are looking for a base Elise I have a new 06. I had bought it when as a pedestrian had accident wereby lost my leg. I have only 1700 break in miles, serviced and put away in my airconditioned heated hangar. I am not sure I will be able to drive stick again as have not had a good prosthesis yet. Currently thinking of selling and getting F1 575 or Gallardo e-gear. Car is AR red, very light, has hard top never on the car, stge 2 exhaust and a few other options. If interested may pm me on Monday or e-mail [email protected] . Couple of pictures of it on talklambo, members pictures, docf,

·
Registered
148 Posts
hey people..
stop whining:panic:
elise is a beautiful car..if you're fat ...you won't fit:shrug:
no elbow room...buy a buick:thwack:
there are no downsides if you're driving enthusiast:D
blind spot is insignificant because i drive faster then most people anyway...:no::crazyeyesrotfl

Oh I am not complaining at all. He was just asking about some of the downsides of it. None of which even dent the thrill of driving. I am in love with my elise and it is quite simply the best driving experience out there, PERIOD!

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Use autotrader to find your car. Or the for sale forum here. You will find that if you get out of the Northwest, you can fly to the car and drive home for cheaper than buying it local. If you do go to Park place, I have bought two cars there. Talk to Tim Mills. Tell him I sent you. Honestly, I would go with a 2005 Elise if your budget is constrained. If it isn't S240.

an 2005 Elise with a $400 brake upgrade will keep you happy for a couple of years. The biggest thing these cars need from the factory is better drivers! I look forward to you getting one so we can hit the track together!

Good luck with the job!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts