The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am hoping to get a new Elise (possibly pre-owned if a great deal presents itself) sometime early next year (February?). I was wondering where a good dealership to get a new Elise is. I found there is one in Dublin, OH. does anybody have any input about this place or have another good place i might check out?

Also, i was wondering about the removable hardtop option. are you able to store the top behind the seats as with the soft top? sorry if that sounds stupid, but i'm not very familiar with the Elise and the amount of room in different spots. Never seen one other than in pictures. and I'm used to my Honda del Sol which you can conveniently put the targa in the trunk.

Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
I am hoping to get a new Elise (possibly pre-owned if a great deal presents itself) sometime early next year (February?). I was wondering where a good dealership to get a new Elise is. I found there is one in Dublin, OH. does anybody have any input about this place or have another good place i might check out?

Also, i was wondering about the removable hardtop option. are you able to store the top behind the seats as with the soft top? sorry if that sounds stupid, but i'm not very familiar with the Elise and the amount of room in different spots. Never seen one other than in pictures. and I'm used to my Honda del Sol which you can conveniently put the targa in the trunk.

Thanks
If you're getting a pre-owned your best bet is likely to be these forums or traditional online (Ebay). Dealer will almost always cost you more.

If you're getting a new one then the guys in Pittsburgh (Sewickley) are pretty decent and could be worth the drive. I've seen them move quite a few vehicles over the past few months. Don't know about the group in Dublin.

Hardtop does NOT store in the vehicle, soft top does.

·
Registered
663 Posts
MAG I do not beleive ever has much of a selection... there is also a dealership up in Cleveland but I do not remember the name of it.

If you are stuck on used I would listen to the advice above & keep watching this site, ebay. I do not own a lotus but both of my cars I purchased out of state (I am in Dayton, Ohio). One was from Newark NJ & the other from Boston, I found both of them on a forum similar to this just for a different car make.

If you are up for going to Chicago Fox Valley Motorcars usually has a few available....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info :up: i'll definitely look into the Pittsburg dealer and see if i wanna drive that far.

sucks about the hardtop. oh well. i suppose i could get the hardtop and when i'm out for a ride, just take the soft top with me. rain likes to jump up outta nowhere around here.

thanks again.

·
Registered
958 Posts
....but i'm not very familiar with the Elise and the amount of room in different spots. Never seen one other than in pictures. and I'm used to my Honda del Sol which you can conveniently put the targa in the trunk
Might want to slow down a bit and get to know the car a little before you set your sights on buying one. Go rent one. Do some research. Read reviews on it. It's an unfortunate thing that many that feel the way you do buy it, without the research then discover all these things they end up not liking about it and sell it shortly after. All becuase it looked "cool".

My $0.02

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Might want to slow down a bit and get to know the car a little before you set your sights on buying one. Go rent one. Do some research. Read reviews on it. It's an unfortunate thing that many that feel the way you do buy it, without the research then discover all these things they end up not liking about it and sell it shortly after. All becuase it looked "cool".

My $0.02
yeah, i don't plan on getting one until sometime next year. I've been doing my research and reading around on LT for a few days now and will continue to research. I normally know most of what there is to know about a car before i buy it. like i was with my del Sol. Thanks for the look out though.

·
Banned
874 Posts
I can help you with the price:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I can help you with the price:D
i'm not sure on what i'm gonna get yet. I doubt i can afford the SC when i get my new job :( but I want a targa top and maybe the sports package. so those options on the base model, brand new, i see comes to about $50k MSRP. do you have a more common price i might be looking at?

·
Registered
764 Posts
I live a half hour from MAG. They did not have what I wanted. I posted here and Robert (aka WallabyGuy) had a car that I bought. That was from HRM, but they have closed. I took delivery in December and drove it when the roads were clear and dry. Hard top is pretty nice, I've never bothered to take mine off yet. It helps make for a quieter (this is relative) drive and it keeps hot air from the radiator from entering the cabin over the top of the windshield.

Do your research, here and in person.

DRIVE ONE BEFORE YOU BUY IT!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts