The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Although I am not YET a Lotus owner I am hoping to learn as much as possible about these amazing cars before i purchase. I am hoping to get my car between October and Dec! Hopefully this will help me make my mind up but I am currently decided on a 2006ish Exige S. Any input would be great! Thanks

·
Registered
7,252 Posts
Well, welcome and everything. This place is a great resource. Just wade in like the rest of us and read away. No telling how many different angles on a zillion lines of discussion are here.

Use a diff search engine than the one here and tag "Lotustalk". Ask us specific questions and be prepared to get a ton of info and opinion.

Please keep us informed as you progress in your journey into the world of Lotus.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Don't forget to peruse the cars for sale area

Also if you list your area, you might be able to hook up with owners in the area who might be able to give you a closer look

·
Registered
6,655 Posts
Hey everyone. Although I am not YET a Lotus owner I am hoping to learn as much as possible about these amazing cars before i purchase. I am hoping to get my car between October and Dec! Hopefully this will help me make my mind up but I am currently decided on a 2006ish Exige S. Any input would be great! Thanks
First thing to learn: If you are in the US no such thing as a 2006 Exige S. All 2006 Exige's came to the US normally aspirated (I had one). Not much more than a fast back Elise. The 'S' started in 2007 with the supercharged S220 ( had one of those too). 2008 had the S240 and S220 Club Racer. 2009 and later had the S260.

Each progressively more rare and more expensive.

Any 2006 that has a turbo or supercharger is aftermarket with all related pluses and minuses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts