The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Only thing changed is exhaust to stage II.

Still SS or ASP?

I read alll the threads I could find.

Looks like ASP.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Exhaust is free in stock. So SuperStock

Unless you cut the diffuser to fit the exhaust. Unfortunately that would move you to ASP.

And maybe a detail, but technically in STOCK you would need to leave the snorkel in too.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Is having the Lotus Sport ECU acceptable as a factory upgrade legal in SS(It merely retunes the 2nd cam from about 6,200 down to around 5,800rpm)?

:shift:

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
No. Sorry. ASP.

·
Registered
355 Posts
I thought so. Thanks, Randy.

·
Registered
106 Posts
...i thought the lotussport ECU was standard in all the sport elises?..
It is, the 2006 Sport Elise is classed in ASP. Regular na Elises and na Exiges are classed in SS.

The trick setup for SS seems to be a 2005 or 2006 Elise without Touring Pack (saves weight) and with Track Pack and LSD.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
There was no Track Pack for 05 or 06 Elises. Does SS allow putting and Exige option onto the Elise?

xtn

·
Registered
839 Posts
The Track Pack option was available for the Elise starting with the 2006 model. For stock purposes, you cannot substitute or change parts from another model (e.g., swap an Exige seat for an Elise seat). If it were the identical part number--such as the air filter--used by both models, it wouldn't matter (but there would be no reason to substitute).

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...are you limited to options from the same model year only?..

·
Registered
839 Posts
...are you limited to options from the same model year only?..
For stock class, yes, any options or packages used on your car "must be run as specified by the factory with only standard equipment as defined by these Rules." You can do option package conversions between specific vechicles of a particular make and model, but only between configurations from within a particular model year. For example, on the Elise, you could run the LSS size 6.5" front rims if your car came with the sport package; and you could convert a base car ONLY if you also add the twin oil coolers, the LSS Bilsteins (which are upgradeable per stock rules), etc. In other words, you could retrofit your Elise with the LSS package, but it must include all the components that would have come on the car from the factory for that model year.

·
Vendor
3,272 Posts
For Stock, it is easier to talk about what you CAN change. Cat back exhaust, with no mods to body to fit. Air Filter, Brake pads, shocks(must fit stock locations and spring perch heights), tires, Wheels(same size as stock +/-1/4" on offset.) I think that's it.

·
Registered
839 Posts
You can change the front sway bar and mount. And run any DOT legal tires, including R-compounds, such as the Hoosier A6.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
For stock class, yes, any options or packages used on your car "must be run as specified by the factory with only standard equipment as defined by these Rules." You can do option package conversions between specific vechicles of a particular make and model, but only between configurations from within a particular model year. For example, on the Elise, you could run the LSS size 6.5" front rims if your car came with the sport package; and you could convert a base car ONLY if you also add the twin oil coolers, the LSS Bilsteins (which are upgradeable per stock rules), etc. In other words, you could retrofit your Elise with the LSS package, but it must include all the components that would have come on the car from the factory for that model year.
I converted my first Elise to an LSS Elise way back when. Of course I had an early year base model that thankfully came with the twin oil coolers. That's the hard part of the conversion. Springs are easy and you're probably replacing the shocks anyway.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Auto-x newbie, still SS with rear panel eliminator or ASP ?

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...i don't know of any aftermarket exhaust which fits the stock diffuser cutout, not even the lotus stage 2, so unless i'm wrong you're effectively limited to stock exhaust in super stock, short of doing custom tips...

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I did with the Quicksilver from Sector (I dont think they carry that brand anymore) and then later with one from 2Bular....but the 2bular may have been a custom exhaust. But it certainly could be true now. Custom tips would not be too hard to do.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts