The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all the Lotus Elises 05 Models Series 2? or is this some kind of super duper elise. :bow: Thanks

"This Series 2 Elise model comes in European 111R version or a version sold in North America, called the Federal Elise. It is powered by the all-aluminum 189 hp (141 kW) 1.8L DOHC Toyota engine with a Yamaha designed twin-cam head offering variable valve timing on both intake and exhaust valve train, a 6 speed manual Toyota gearbox. The Series 2 model is acclaimed as the best version of the Elise to date, with tremendous performance numbers, with many tests resulting in 0u60 mph (0u100 km/h) in approximately 4.9 seconds or 4.7 seconds with the Sport Package. The engine management computer is a Lotus programmed unit. A radical cam timing shift at ~6,000 rpm makes the car feel like it has two different engines."

·
Registered
1,132 Posts

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Are all the Lotus Elises 05 Models Series 2? or is this some kind of super duper elise. :bow: Thanks
All N/A 2005 Elises are Series 2, yes. The available options that year were Touring Pack, Sport Pack, Hard Top and Star Shield.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Well, I don't know about you guys, but mine is super-duper :cool:

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
series 1 is the older rounder body work, series II is the newer more "agressive" looking body work - series II is from my 2001 on i believe.

all federal elises are 111r based (well except for the 08 s/c elise i suppose) 111r means the 190hp toyota cars - not all series II elises are 111r's though.... the row get more variety than we do in the us.

06 exige has the same 111r drivetrain as the elise - 07 and on exige gets the s/c, 08 introduces the 220 vs. 240 intercooled s/c, and s/c elise

so series refers to the platform and bodywork - not the drivetrain. series II prior to the 111r had essentailly the same drivetrain as series I cars.

there are no federalized series 1 cars

there are no series II cars federlized with anything other than 111r toyota engine (+s/c)

got it?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
All N/A 2005 Elises are Series 2, yes. The available options that year were Touring Pack, Sport Pack, Hard Top and Star Shield.
You forgot the metallic paint or the Lifestyle paints (i.e. Chrome Orange).;)

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
the row get more variety than we do in the us.
By the way, for those that are uniniatied, "row" stands for "Rest Of World" - Lotus speak for cars sold everywhere (or at least other markets) but the US...

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
By the way, for those that are uniniatied, "row" stands for "Rest Of World" - Lotus speak for cars sold everywhere (or at least other markets) but the US...
whoops - showing my govie connections....
i guess most industries use that term.

at least i didn't say "oconus" hahaha

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts