The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,:wave:

I was wondering if any one would know if there is a Clear enginge cover on the market to fit in a std sized opening?

Many thanks for any help in advance :D:D

·
Registered
7,596 Posts
Hi there,:wave:

I was wondering if any one would know if there is a Clear enginge cover on the market to fit in a std sized opening?

Many thanks for any help in advance :D:D
No.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a fairly blunt reply chap. Is that a "no, I have never heard of one fella! Or a No don't even bother to look for one!":)

·
Registered
265 Posts
He means no, there is no such thing that exists. Someone on here fabricated their own a few years ago that turned out rather nice. If you search the forum you can find it. However, there's no market for a clear cover, as there is really nothing to showcase, just an engine from a Toyota Celica GTS.

·
Registered
710 Posts
that's one hardcore after-market part...you'll have to get one made/ meaning you'll have to find someone to make it

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
Don't do it, the engine goes one direction and the lid another, it looks like crap!!!!

I mean, it must flow.. :D

·
Registered
358 Posts
4 banger under glass

I'm not sure that "4 banger under glass" is really going to be a good thing. Seems to say "I wanted a Ferrari but, I could only afford this Lotus" :no:

BTW: ^ That Carrera GT is sex on wheels.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Going with the flow bro, Going with the flow :D;)
blue V6 Red V8 in the flow!

72Kg upto 600BHP 10,200 redline :cool:

·
Premium Member
5,633 Posts
That's more like it!! :drool: :drool: :drool: Your last name doesn't happen to be Manning by any chance? :D

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
WOW! what are those cars? I've never seen or heard of them before...

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Wow, now that is what a decent expense account looks like. I'd like to know more about that custom cover you have on the blue one and the engines.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
archie: awesome photos! Can you give us a quick synopsis of what these vehicles are and background on the development? It's always nice to hear what people decide to do with their cars, especially such a clean-looking job that you've done to these!

·
Registered
172 Posts
archie-

Can you at least tell us what V6 engine that is? And what transmission is connected to it? Puuuulease.

:)

Justin

1 - 20 of 28 Posts