The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorta is the key word in this statement...

The car for the past two days has had issues starting with just the ignition button alone. There was one time today where I had to press the gas pedal slightly while pressing the start button and it fired up fine.

The car has ZERO issues once driving... it has ZERO issue at idle even right after the problem... I could leave the car running 15 mins sitting idle and its perfectly fine. No chugs... NOTHING. The power band is no different than day 1... Everything runs GREAT!

BUT. Am I supposed to sometimes have to press the gas pedal to get the car to fire... or could I be running into an issue??

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
773 Posts
My car cold-starts just horribly all the time. Chug, chug, chug, skip, miss, chug, chug until I put a little peddle into it, and it ONLY THEN smooths out. No issues or problems at all whatsoever thereafter, and warm starts fire right up! Mine is only if the car has sat the week, and 1st start of that new weekend, you would think I was starting a jaloppy!

Little different than your experience, and sorry, I have no answers for you, but I was thinking of posting up my situation as well to see if anyone could help me too. So free "bump" to you, and if anyone has any insights as to either, please let us know!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually that sounds pretty much exactly like my issue! Its cold starts primarily. If I stop for gas and turn it off and then back on. No issue at all!

So im guessing its not a big deal. I just hit the 3000 mile marker and just wanted to make sure something was going wrong.

·
Registered
59 Posts
adding on to what Scrumpot said...The service dept at Lotus Atlanta told us that the car runs "rough" or "rich" however you want to say it until it warms up...so it snorts and pants and chugs when it's cold/been sitting...nothing to worry about. But I've never had to goose it to keep it running during a cold start.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ive never had to press the gas to keep it running so far.

ive pressed the gas to get the engine to fully turn over. Yet I've been reading that maybe I haven't let the fuel pumps build up before starting... gonna try that today by letting it be on for a few seconds before i press the start button

1 - 5 of 5 Posts