The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, doing a VF super charger install and ended up removing most of the interior for gauges and the fuel pump install.

Should i remove the yellow foam bahemith and do some sort of a dynamate type sound deading product under the carpet and the back walls? We have a audio install department at work and i am the boss so the stuff falls off the shelf!!! its just am i going to gain any thing and has any one done this could find any posts.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is a post on using thermotec inside the engine bay on the firewall, you'll have to find that. Better than your standard dynamat because of heat rejection. But if that's what you have, by all means use it.

It's going to be better coverage inside the engine bay as well I believe. But it has been done on either side.

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Search for the 'quieter Elise' thread and you'll see pages and pages of discussion on this very topic.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
It will add weight, but helps with road/engine noise a bit...just depends on the quality of the dynamat that is being used.

So in the end, what are you really after? Quieter/slower or same experience of performance and sound? Have fun. :)

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
I have neither a radio of any type on the vehicle, nor do I think that they are worthwhile.

However I did put dynamat on a couple of section of the floor under the seats, and it was worthwhile. Especially so when coins roll out the pocket as without the dynamat it sounds like the wheels are falling off is a 50c piece hits the uncarpeted floor.

·
Premium Member
4,135 Posts
Dynmat and Pigmat are great but add tons of weight and if you live in a hot climate it gets soft.

·
Registered
07 Exige S
1,671 Posts
I did the cabin firewall and under the seats. All of it. It did exactly what I wanted, but then if your like me you second guess yourself cause well it is quieter in the cabin...

I know it's louder than before with my setup, but it is quieter in the cabin and that is kind of strange in a way.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just an update I put a healthy layer of the foil baked dynamate rip off stuff. It made a huge difference... I just did the back wall and under the seat wish I would have done them deep pockets behind the post the seat belts attatch to more thurally. I just was not expecting that much of a change

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Ditched all of it including the carpet on the firewall. Is it loud? I don't know, I couldn't hear you.

But it is glorious on the track or twisty roads as you can add another sensation to the overload.

Makes for a bad date car unless she is a keeper

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.