The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the stock alpine system in my evora sounds pretty nice using the cd player or just the radio, but when I hook my ipod up the sound quality is terrible. Is this normal or is something weird with mine?

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
Head unit could be set to mono. Make sure you have a stereo cable as well

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I've got the big alpine unit, with the built in backup camera and Navigation. Ive only had the car a week. Maybe I should check all the connections? I wouldn't think you would have to change the sound settings in the headunit between listening to CDs and using the aux ipod hookup

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
cables are generally better but just curious have you done the bluetooth ?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no I haven't used the bluetooth function yet. The ipod im using is an older model before they put the Bluetooth function on. I will try using the BT with my iphone and see if the quality is better.

·
Vroom vroom
507 Posts
I've got the big alpine unit, with the built in backup camera and Navigation. Ive only had the car a week. Maybe I should check all the connections? I wouldn't think you would have to change the sound settings in the headunit between listening to CDs and using the aux ipod hookup
My head unit had different settings for each play mode, it was driving me crazy when I was adding speakers to the system.

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
There have been at least three different Alpine units used in Evoras. The first 2 were horrible, the last one very good, so it would be helpful to know which one you have. And most mid-level HU's that I'm familiar with do have separate settings for different audio sources.

·
Premium Member
7,544 Posts
factory settings were not always correct, let alone a demo had someone playing with general setup and fubared everything

1 - 9 of 9 Posts