The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I'm hearing something roll from one side of my car to the other, as I make a sharp turn (Left or right). I looked in the footwells, but nothing there. The sound is like a loose pebble rolling around somewhere, whenever I make a turn. I took off the front grill and checked the space beneath the radiator, there was nothing there. Could it be under the front clamshell? Has anyone ever experienced this? I hope to pinpoint the location, the sound is starting to drive me nuts.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Recently I'm hearing something roll from one side of my car to the other, as I make a sharp turn (Left or right). I looked in the footwells, but nothing there. The sound is like a loose pebble rolling around somewhere, whenever I make a turn. I took off the front grill and checked the space beneath the radiator, there was nothing there. Could it be under the front clamshell? Has anyone ever experienced this? I hope to pinpoint the location, the sound is starting to drive me nuts.
Are you sure it isn't under your seat?

·
Registered
259 Posts

I've had it happen multiple times. Always caused by a pebble or a coin under the seats. Found a nut floating around under there one time. Pebbles can accumulate on top of the underbody panels too.

2006 Elise Sport #46 of 50

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe body panels

Yes, I have checked under the seats, nothing. Maybe I will have to check under the car, unscrew the body panels. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
488 Posts
If you did the AC mod, where you drilled ou the rivets on the panels in the footwell for increase air flow, then some part of the rivet may have falled back down behind the footwell and would be rolling around.

Ask me how I know....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts