The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to replace the Elise’ oxygen sensors. Looking for plug and play. Can someone please suggest a source?

·
Administrator
5,918 Posts
Close to plug and play just crimp on connector and save a lot

·
Registered
926 Posts
MWR also sells it with the connector for plug and play, for about 2x the cost.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Plugs right in ... no fooling around.

Works.

Done

·
Registered
405 Posts
The European/British part number is: BOSCH LAMBDA SENSOR - 0258006127

This part # is a direct plug and play. You should be able to get it for about $70 shipped from the UK. Remember, you have two O2 sensors (up stream and down stream). I believe the part #s are the same for both. So I would recommend getting 2. Replace both, or just replace the bad one and keep the other one as a spare for when the other goes. Just my 2 cent.

·
Registered
'08 Exige S240
244 Posts
I recently got one from MWR (plug and play version) and it worked great, but cost $120. I kept my old one so I might try to wash it and use it next time!

·
Registered
7,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eliseparts want about $114 each before tax and shipping. Any other source suggestion?

This part # is a direct plug and play. You should be able to get it for about $70 shipped from the UK. Remember, you have two O2 sensors (up stream and down stream). I believe the part #s are the same for both. So I would recommend getting 2. Replace both, or just replace the bad one and keep the other one as a spare for when the other goes. Just my 2 cent.

View attachment 1290241

View attachment 1290241

·
Administrator
5,918 Posts

View attachment 1290241
98bp with vat + shipping

·
Registered
405 Posts
I got mine on eBay. There’s a lot of them there so I did my homework to see which vender looked the most legit. In a nutshell I looked at their review (ranking, volume, sales date history) “and” wanted to make sure these reviews/sales history showed them selling car parts…not just any car parts but electrical/mechanical parts. There’s always a risk when buying parts on eBay like with NGK iridium plugs which is why I would never get these on eBay.

Oh and my O2 sensors where shipped from the UK…not to bash any countries but there is a correlation with increase/decrease in odds of fraud/fakes depending on where the parts are shipped from.

·
Registered
'08 Exige S240
244 Posts
honestly, you may want to invest an hour and re-use your old plug on a new sensor. I just recently learned how to splice/crimp and it's paid off in dividends. That's definitely what I'd do if I needed another one.

If you already know what you're doing and the old sensor is on your desk, it's probably a 5 min job. Just requires a wire stripper and crimper (+butt connector,+heatshrink), which can be bought for less than the markup for the pre-assembled plug.

I know that's not what you asked for, but it's incredible that the plug is more expensive than the O2 sensor!

·
Registered
926 Posts
MWR even provides the butt-end crimp connectors for the one CatS linked to in the second post. That’s the way I’d go if doing it myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
767 Posts
if you buy the cheap sensor without the connector, the connector itself is also available at some electronics retailers for less than $10:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts