The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a company out there making/selling an add-a-circuit fuse holder (see pic below) but for the old school glass tube fuse?

Attachments

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you talking about these AGC fuse holders?
Using these you can splice directly into a wire or tap an existing blade fuse using one of these fuse taps.
No, the pic I posted is a splicer already. You take one fuse out and plug this thing in to get an extra fuse line out. I am looking for the same function but for this kind of a fuse.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,949 Posts
Agreed that it is not one integrated tap/fuse but using those two components will do it, unless you had something else in mind.
No, the pic I posted is a splicer already. You take one fuse out and plug this thing in to get an extra fuse line out. I am looking for the same function but for this kind of a fuse.

·
Banned
1,348 Posts
I got mine from JC Whitney online at least I think that's the name of the auto parts supplier.

I think its called tap a circuit

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agreed that it is not one integrated tap/fuse but using those two components will do it, unless you had something else in mind.
Viper, Thanks for trying, but no it will not help me, because my fuse box use the tube type fuse and I need to tap that electrical source. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
I have not seen a fancy fuse tap like one pictured above for blade fuses, but I have fuse taps for glass fuses. It clips over one end of the fuse, and you snap the fuse into the fuse holder. The tap sticks up and allows you to connect a spade terminal to the tap. You then use one of the in-line fuses with the spade on one end, and the other connected to what ever you want to power.

Here's an example: Automotive Wire, Terminals, Wire Loom

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts