The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know of a good place to get reasonably priced used parts? I have a list of things I need, but it seems my only option is paying ridiculous prices from Lotus (on places like lotusgarage.com). The parts I need aren't super rare and desirable things, so I keep hoping to find them available. I've been posting on the WTB section, but there doesn't seem to be much traffic. I had one guy contact me with a few items, but he wants almost new prices. In my experience with other cars, there are people around who tear down salvage cars and have parts for sale for good prices, but I'm not finding "that guy" for Elises. Maybe there just aren't enough of the cars around? To give you an idea of the kind of stuff I'm looking for:
Upper radiator shrouds
Front inner fender liners (particularly the separate front piece)
CDL module (ok, this one is more "rare" in good shape...)
Hardtop front header trim piece
Passenger's headlight "guts" (the metal framework that holds the bulbs)

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
The problem is that for most of those parts, noone would ever take them out of their car, so why would they be available used? The CDL module should be the easiest to find, I have one, but I am pretty busy to pull it out and take pics etc right now.

·
Premium Member
2005 Elise LSS Saffron Yellow
761 Posts
The headlight parts and CDL might well come out of somebody's car that has been made into a dedicated track car. Everything else would likely come from a part-out. I see you have an Elise, which at least is the most common recent Lotus to be parted out.

·
Happy To Be Here
2013 Lotus Evora IPS - Carbon Gray
856 Posts
I feel like you could always check InoKinetic’s site for used parts, linked below. I didn’t check the current list to see if the parts you want are on it.

https://www.inokinetic.com/used-lotus-parts?category=Used+Lotus+Parts

Another source could be to contact Wire Wheel and see if they have any parts cars that you could buy a few bits off of.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
ebay uk

·
Registered
453 Posts
There's a company in the Pacific NW parting out an Elise on eBay. They're charging more than they're worth or at least the high side of market value, but it's been on eBay so long I'd make an offer with whatever you think is fair/reasonable. Worst they say is no. Just search lotus elise parts and accessories and filter the condition to used. Might have what youre looking for.

Greg's Race Parts also has a used parts section with decent prices. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts