The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the deal with Galpin looks about dead im starting this thread about South Bay BMW so we can keep up with all the new "Rumors and News" that are sure to happen.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is this the classified dealer in LA ? :D

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Not to threadjack, but the man and the butt in the new M5:

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
RacerX said:
Yes you did hijack this thread. Please keep posts on topic.
I consider myselft chastised. ;)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
RacerX runs a tight ship;)

·
Premium Member
29,081 Posts
mact3333 said:
so are they still not taking any deposits????
They might be taking a list.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I left a voice mail for their GM last Friday and their SM today. Have not been called back. I did talk to nice salesman 10 minutes ago.
He was very careful how he phrased things. "We are not a Lotus dealer" I asked how BMW could let a car which is a competitor for M5 andf M3 not to mention Z4 and Z8 into the showroom. He said clearly "we are not a Lotus dealer, but hypothetically another location "might" appear, if we ever became a dealer"

There are no deposits being taken as there are no cars to sell, because they are NOT a dealer. There is an interest list and I'm on it now.

Steve

·
Registered
649 Posts
I dropped by their showroom last Friday. Heh, even an accident couldn't stop me from checking it out!

Sounds about as much as a sure thing as the Galpin deal. In other words, I refuse to be as optimistic as before. They say they're opening up a new showroom on Hawthorne Blvd. in Torrance. Maybe this is where they plan to showcase Lotus? If the deal happens that is.

I left them my name and phone number. Supposedly, they do have an Elise on hand. Unfortunately, I missed it by a day. I guess they took it away to repair some minor damage to the body. The person I spoke with guessed it would be back by this week.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
BMW don't want to share a show room with other marques.
The local(to me) dealer got into a row with BMWNA about this issue so your contact was alluding to the truth.
m.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I stopped by there and was told they will be getting cars in 30 to 40 days. The yellow demo car was there with a big not for sale sign on the dash. They took my name and number down but said the first cars will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

·
Registered
970 Posts
RacerX said:
I stopped by there and was told they will be getting cars in 30 to 40 days. The yellow demo car was there with a big not for sale sign on the dash. They took my name and number down but said the first cars will be sold on a first come first serve basis.

"first come first serve"??...what does that mean exactly???...that the people on their list(when they finally come up with a list that is) first get initial cars???

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It means that the people who have their name in with the dealer will get a call when they come in and they will be sold first come first serve.

·
Registered
970 Posts
RacerX said:
It means that the people who have their name in with the dealer will get a call when they come in and they will be sold first come first serve.
i see...so these are un-spec'd cars then???...that doesnt do me any good cause they wont send what Im looking for...:(

·
Registered
670 Posts
RacerX said:
Similar, but to clarify, what I was told was IF the dealership deal
ever happens, they will call those on the interest list. The order that you arrive with deposit check becomes the wait list. Number 20 on the interest list does not equate to number 20 on the wait list.

We'll see what if anything happens.

Steve

1 - 20 of 31 Posts