The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How does June 14th (Saturday) sound for a drive and get together? Want to check out Canepa Design. So rough outline at the moment would be a early back road drive and make it to Canepa around 10:30 in the morning. Head out early afternoon for more driving and lunch at Alice’s on Skyline.

Canepa Design

Let me know if you can make it and for what part of the day.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Have a graduation AND wedding to attend that day... oops. BUT this reminded me to sign up for the next auto-x :D

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
Canepa is an awesome place to visit. I was there in March with SFF1

<iframe align="center" src="http://www.flickr.com/slideShow/index.gne?set_id=72157604042474710&" frameBorder="0" width="500" scrolling="no" height="500"></iframe>

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
How does June 14th (Saturday) sound for a drive and get together? Want to check out Canepa Design. So rough outline at the moment would be a early back road drive and make it to Canepa around 10:30 in the morning. Head out early afternoon for more driving and lunch at Alice’s on Skyline.

Canepa Design

Let me know if you can make it and for what part of the day.
Alice's was just on SuperCars Exposed! :D Tanner did a mini NorCal exotics scene which included some sweet Nobles.

Count me (and possible guest) in for the day, unless something changes.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If I have my Lotus by then, you can count me in. I'm trying to finalize a deal to purchase an Esprit.

Darin

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
If I have my Lotus by then, you can count me in. I'm trying to finalize a deal to purchase an Esprit.

Darin
I can't wait to check out a nice Esprit! :D

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yup, this is a go. The hang up at the moment in firming up the details, is we're trying to setup a guided tour and haven't heard back yet. If that is a no go or if the time frame is too far off, the basic details will look like this...

Meet at Santana Row (the same spot as the exotic car meet). I need to double check the time for the first leg of the drive, departure would be about 9:30. Into Canepa around 10:30. Either check it out on our own, or the tour that will take about 90 min. Head out very early afternoon for more driving and get into Alice for lunch by about 1:30.

One way or the other will firm up the details by this weekend.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
edit.. just read your follow up post.. let me know what the latest plan is.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Yup, this is a go. The hang up at the moment in firming up the details, is we're trying to setup a guided tour and haven't heard back yet. If that is a no go or if the time frame is too far off, the basic details will look like this...

Meet at Santana Row (the same spot as the exotic car meet). I need to double check the time for the first leg of the drive, departure would be about 9:30. Into Canepa around 10:30. Either check it out on our own, or the tour that will take about 90 min. Head out very early afternoon for more driving and get into Alice for lunch by about 1:30.

One way or the other will firm up the details by this weekend.
Since I'm North Bay, I'll most likely meet at Canepa @ 10:30 rather than going from North Bay -> Santana Row -> Canepa

·
Registered
86 Posts
Count me in, plus girl, and maybe another elise or esprit.

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OK- latest update. We are set for the tour (no cost). Start time at Canepa Design, ~10:30 am.

I need to figure out the drive time and back track from there for the departure. Should be pretty close to the 9:30, I've listed for heading out from Santana Row. Lunch may end up being closer to 2, so bring snacks or eat a big breakfast.

Canepa address:

4900 Scotts Valley Drive. Scotts Valley, CA. 95066

Santana Row:
End of Olsen Dr, parking lot to your right.

I'll work out the remaining details by this weekend.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Wow, just saw this. Most likely count me in! Canepa is in my hometown! Woot!
I might be able to go to SR, then leave early to get back to Canepa by 10:30. It usually takes about 40 mins to get from SR to Scotts Valley.
Keep this thread updated! WOOT!

Cheers,
Skottoman

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Went over the route and expected drive time. We're fine leaving at 9:30 from Santana Row. Route will be 17 to Bear Creek road then Highway 9 to Canepa. Should be around 1 hour and 5 min.

Canepa to Alice via Highway 9 and Skyline a little under 1 hour and 10 min. Should be at Alice by 1:45.

SUMMARY- if you can make it out early to Santana Row ( End of Olsen Dr, parking lot to your right.). We'll be leaving at 9:30, into Canepa a little after 10:30 (have maps and direction to hand out). Canepa Designs ( 4900 Scotts Valley Drive. Scotts Valley, CA. 95066) at 10:30, 1.5- 2 hour tour. Leave around 12:30 via Highway 9 and Skyline (35). We'll be at Alice's by 1:45. Lunch then head home.

EDIT

Ok, Here is a list based on what we have now. Let me know of any changes:

Mr. Know- Canepa and drive to Alice and lunch
dmason08- the full day
cstetter- the full day
spudboy- ???
serpentor- ???
raggedy1- morning drive, canepa, afternoon drive, lunch?
rice_patrol (+1-2)- the full day
skottoman- morning drive, canepa, rest of the day?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Hello,

One correction, I'll be there at SR in the AM and probably do the drive, but will probably have to skip out at this point. I am leaving for a 10 day family road trip the Monday following, so I have to do a lot of prep and packing for the SUV. Since I am new to the Lotus community, I atleast want to meet a few people and start to get plugged in.

Darin

Went over the route and expected drive time. We're fine leaving at 9:30 from Santana Row. Route will be 17 to Bear Creek road then Highway 9 to Canepa. Should be around 1 hour and 5 min.

Canepa to Alice via Highway 9 and Skyline a little under 1 hour and 10 min. Should be at Alice by 1:45.

SUMMARY- if you can make it out early to Santana Row ( End of Olsen Dr, parking lot to your right.). We'll be leaving at 9:30, into Canepa a little after 10:30 (have maps and direction to hand out). Canepa Designs ( 4900 Scotts Valley Drive. Scotts Valley, CA. 95066) at 10:30, 1.5- 2 hour tour. Leave around 12:30 via Highway 9 and Skyline (35). We'll be at Alice's by 1:45. Lunch then head home.

EDIT

Ok, Here is a list based on what we have now. Let me know of any changes:

Mr. Know- Canepa and drive to Alice and lunch
dmason08- the full day
cstetter- the full day
spudboy- ???
serpentor- ???
raggedy1- morning drive, canepa, afternoon drive, lunch?
rice_patrol (+1-2)- the full day
skottoman- morning drive, canepa, rest of the day?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts