The Lotus Cars Community banner

201 - 220 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
I really wanted to run the Club course on Saturday with the turn in at Bishops Bend and eliminating the two long straights between 16 and 1 but my friend wanted me to instruct on the full course on Sunday! Those long straights are boring :)

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
ZTEC said:
I really wanted to run the Club course on Saturday with the turn in at Bishops Bend and eliminating the two long straights between 16 and 1 but my friend wanted me to instruct on the full course on Sunday! Those long straights are boring :)
Only in the Elise!

I drove an RSR there that was capable of low 2s, I think I ran in the teens, it was a nice chance to rest!

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Well, the long straights are good to let the brakes cool down! Where was it that someone said they could balance their checkbook on the back straight :)
I have heard that the club course is harder on the tires and brakes and the drivers as well... Makes sense.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
The club course is a lot of fun and I'm sure the Elise would be perfect for it, but I just really enjoy the 12hr. It's my favorite track by far. I think the only track in the US that might change my mind is road america. I can't wait to drive it next year.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Roebling Road Aug 11/12 Roll Call

Anybody going??? I'll be there with the OLOA M3 with a few mods.:nanner:
http://www.seat-time.com

Homestead with Chin July 22

Sebring with Chin Aug 25

Peter

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sebring this Saturday Aug. 25th.

Homestead with Nasa Labor Day Weekend?

I'm considering which day ... or both. Anyone else going Sept 1 and 2 ?
Going both days (NASA, 1st and 2nd) Although I am still not sure if I am bringing the Lotus..

·
Registered
786 Posts
JC

I think I am going to go to Homestead on the 1st sat. spoke to manny he wants to go too. Probably go for group 3.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Chin Sebring on the 25th, trying to get faster in the OLOA car.

Peter

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #218
I just got back from Sebring. I ran with Chin.

I ran new tire pressures in my RA1's. 30/F 32/R cold
Came in at 37 F 39 R hot after 45 min session.

Seemed to have more traction. Did my best to wiggle in the hairpin but stuck
like glue.

I ran 24 /26 cold 33/35 hot before.

Traffic was a problem. I only had 3 clean laps all day.

I was mindful of some recent Elise vs. Track incidents.

Driving careful/scared but home in one piece.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I just got back from Sebring. I ran with Chin.

I ran new tire pressures in my RA1's. 30/F 32/R cold
Came in at 37 F 39 R hot after 45 min session.

Seemed to have more traction. Did my best to wiggle in the hairpin but stuck
like glue.

I ran 24 /26 cold 33/35 hot before.

Traffic was a problem. I only had 3 clean laps all day.

I was mindful of some recent Elise vs. Track incidents.

Driving careful/scared but home in one piece.
I was there today. I was in the black Elise. I didn't get a chance to talk with you - I wanted to. I talked with the guy who had the S1 Exige a bit towards the end of the day. He seemed like a nice person, also from Tampa. Next time, I will make it a point to meet everyone who is driving Lotus.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #220
I was there today. I was in the black Elise. I didn't get a chance to talk with you - I wanted to. I talked with the guy who had the S1 Exige a bit towards the end of the day. He seemed like a nice person, also from Tampa. Next time, I will make it a point to meet everyone who is driving Lotus.
#17 ?

The S1 with Honda engine looked interesting. First time I have seen that car.

How did you like the weather? I got wet a couple of times. Cooler temps than last month. I'll post some video when I have it ready.

201 - 220 of 251 Posts