The Lotus Cars Community banner

221 - 240 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
17 was me. I had a great time. There was a bit of traffic. Early in the day it was hard to get point-by's for passing. There were a few guys in Corvettes and 350Zs that would let me ride their bumber through a series of turns and drag race away from me on the straights, only to have me catch them on the next turn. I still had a great time and felt pretty good about the day.

I just swapped out suspension components, new brakes, new wheels, and new tires, so I was worried about having to re-learn the car, but it ended up being set up almost perfect for me.

I definately remember you and your car. Especially as how I got to watch you pass me quite frequently!

Next time, I will definately introduce myself. I hope Nick, Michael, and other Lotus locals make it too. These things are even more fun as you get to meet and know other people.

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just got back from VIR with Chin:bow: So have Honey Do's this weekend. I will be @ RR Nov 16th with Seat Time

Peter

·
Registered
786 Posts
JC,

YOU could move to sebring your there so much. I want to go but not ready yet, have new car Panoz race car, getting it together and need to get a trailer asap. Keeping the Elise, sold the 911. Next event hoping for Nasa homestead nov. 24/25.

·
Registered
147 Posts
JC,

YOU could move to sebring your there so much. I want to go but not ready yet, have new car Panoz race car, getting it together and need to get a trailer asap. Keeping the Elise, sold the 911. Next event hoping for Nasa homestead nov. 24/25.
Which # Panoz car did you get, I might have driven it.rotfl There were 2 @ VIR last weekend #8 & 42

Peter

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
Wont be able to run Sebring this weekend but am going to RR the following to instruct. If I can I may make the trip to Sebring to catch a ride with someone :)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I got car #56 it was not at VIR, but a guy in VA got one of the red penske cars, Mine was delivered to Boca about two weeks ago, it was the lowest hour car Hayes would sell, he had the Sebring show car he was not letting go so fast. I am very eager to get it on the track. IT is going into the race shop this week to get some more ponies out of the 302, it has a rev. lm chip for 5200, and is basically stock, gt 40 head 5.0. Hoping to get 20-30 more hp from a reflash and tune, maybe throttle body and maf. Cars have so much tech. on them, billiet uprights, f40 brembos, pi data logger computer, remote oil filter, canton pan, remote ps cooler, etc., would like it to shed a few lbs. , a months and it should be ready for some track time.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #229
Mitch, what a surprise. I thought you were off the track and onto the ocean for good. Glad you kept the Elise. The last few Fl. Chin events have been at Sebring. I'm ready for Moroso and Homestead when they are back on the schedule. I ran NASA at Homestead last month. The format is tough to take after you run a Chin format.

I like the alum featherlite open trailers. Easy to pull. Easy to strap the car down. Push a lot less air.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I got car #56 it was not at VIR, but a guy in VA got one of the red penske cars, Mine was delivered to Boca about two weeks ago, it was the lowest hour car Hayes would sell, he had the Sebring show car he was not letting go so fast. I am very eager to get it on the track. IT is going into the race shop this week to get some more ponies out of the 302, it has a rev. lm chip for 5200, and is basically stock, gt 40 head 5.0. Hoping to get 20-30 more hp from a reflash and tune, maybe throttle body and maf. Cars have so much tech. on them, billiet uprights, f40 brembos, pi data logger computer, remote oil filter, canton pan, remote ps cooler, etc., would like it to shed a few lbs. , a months and it should be ready for some track time.
You got one with a working rev limiter rotfl The couple I drove at Sebring did not have working rev limiters. The cars do push, but they respond well to trailbraking. I think they are pretty bullit proof and my only bitch was it took a lot of time to get used to the manual brakes. Power is just $$$$ drop in a crate motor and go play. Also the rear lid over the fuel cell was prone to flying off at speed. Make sure it is well fastened.

Maybe I will see you at Sebring in Dec with Chin.

Peter

·
Registered
786 Posts
Funny ,people take the rev pill/chip out, I kinda figured the car would push, the tires are cheapo 300 tread wear p7000, the first thing I will change, thanks for the headsup on the barkes and the deck lid, will get on the items. Thinking brakes is a pad issue the school cars had soft pads, 97 pfc should be 01, just sorting type of stuff. Would love to get a crate motor, 415 hp 400 tq is $8000. can not beat it for cost per fun dollar ratio.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #232

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #235
I ran an AutoX with Porsche Club yesterday. Finished 6th out of 87.

First time I ran AutoX with slicks. I'm not particularly good at AutoX.

My brain is a little too old.

Running slicks feels like cheating.

·
Registered
786 Posts
pca/pboc

Anyone going to the PCA/Pboc event this weekend, should be a good event,
last time the race group had a good amount of radicals, and the event will have the super solo ( time trial) group running as well. The bathrooms stink, the infield is dirty, the track has more color blotches and patches than my 90 yrs old suntanning aunt Fredia who lived in century village but it is our track here in Palm Beach County and there is no:shift: snow on the ground.

·
Registered
786 Posts
JC you are cheating you drive your car in one track day more than them cone chasers drive in three season. Just kiddin autox is tuff stuff, the PCA events are fun, Bank Atlantic. is a good spot.

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #239 (Edited)
Time for a new post in this thread. Thread went dead after Shawn's "unisex baby shower" comment ... see above.

I ran Sebring today. The weather was great.

I have some video to post. One clip where my friend spins my car in turn 17.

I was a passenger the lap before but got out with my life.

I was expecting to see the car back on a wrecker but got lucky. He didn't hit anything.

I have lots of footage while sitting in the passenger seat but can't post due to my inappropriate screams of pending death.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PlstmuumILA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PlstmuumILA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #240
Here's an Enzo on the track at Sebring. The owner also ran his F40 and 430 Ferrari.

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rABNzVbbhnw"> </param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rABNzVbbhnw" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"> </embed> </object>

221 - 240 of 251 Posts