The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear All:

Today is December 13, 2004, some 11 days before Christmas. I was told by Newport European that my car was in the port of Los Angeles on November 23, 2004. I was out of the country for most of these past 3 weeks, and was not quite as anxious.

I spoke to Doug at Newport European this afternoon, basically wanting any info as to where my car could be and when I may expect it. Doug had told me last week that he was to send some guy named Gary down to the port to check things out. I understand NE has many cars presently in port. Doug mentioned today that my car was "in port", but not one of cars that had come off the ship. Today he estimates the beginning of NEXT YEAR!! It'll be some 6-7 weeks AFTER coming into port.

I happen to know a thing or two about the art of import, especially here in Southern California. I find it odd that NE is not able to provide me the name of the vessel and what container number it is. If I had this information, I have means to expedite its release.

Can anyone tell me how I may go about finding out my vessel name and container number? I have the vin number. Do I contact Lotus directly in Hethel or the headquarters in Atlanta?

My other deep speculation is that my car ironically is now scheduled to be delivered the beginning of next year. Isn't this the time when the MSRP will increase again?

I've already endured the fact that my vin 905 MAY come with an inferior Blaupunkt stereo despite my purchase of the touring package. (Acapulco instead of Los Angeles) I think it's time that I actively do something to move this process along. Any advice or words of wisdom will be highly appreciated.

- dechien

P.S. Has anyone received their cars within these last few weeks? If so, when were your cars invoiced?

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
I haven't heard anything definite or even semi-definite re: MSRP price increase, just a lot of speculation. IIRC Randy said somewhere that he has not heard of any impending price increase (not that that's definitive either, but I continue to hope that there won't be any increases for a bit longer - um, like at least until I get my car ! ;) )

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
My boat/car - vin 524 has been in port since Oct 22. Just got off the phone with the dealer, still no invoice but had asked them to check with Lotus, who contacted them today, told them it's on the way. It looks like ~ 8 weeks after getting to port I'll be able to take delivery. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
389 Posts
My car took a tad over a month from port to dealer. There might still be hope for you dechien. :D

Car at port 9-27
Car at dealer 11-1

Edit:

If I were in Larry's shoes, I'd be mad as hell. :mad:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
dechien said:
I happen to know a thing or two about the art of import, especially here in Southern California. I find it odd that NE is not able to provide me the name of the vessel and what container number it is. If I had this information, I have means to expedite its release.
NE is not importing your car so I am not surprised that they do not know the vessel name or other info. In dealing with Doug I found that he did not over promise so it may happen sooner than he has said. You are almost done:)

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
My ship arrived Nov 14th, car arrived at Symbolic Dec 13th (i.e., yesterday!!!). I'm a happy camper, except that I can't get down there until Friday. I think I'll live. :cool:

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
Congrat jml. It's been a long wait but it's almost over, now that the car is on the way (or in your case already there), it's starting to sink in.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts