The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I did a quick google search before writing this post, and came across quite a few posts from about 8 years ago listing off shops. Unfortunately a lot of them seem like they are now out of business or have moved so I figured I would ask about this again.

Does anyone know of a good shop to service your Evora at?

I'm basically looking for a place for oil changes and general servicing, who can help track down any electrical gremlins or fix any Lotus quirks that my car may have, and ideally this shop can also help install mods if I were to ever go that route.

I come from the Corvette world and what I ran into is all of the "Corvette" shops were generally overpriced, arrogant, and did half-assed or substandard work. The Chevy dealerships generally felt more comfortable servicing Malibu's than Corvettes, so I'd often find myself having to go back and forth with the dealership in order for them to get the fixes right.
Smaller shops generally charged super fair prices, were always positive, helpful, and solutions oriented, and they just took care of me.

I'm a little worried about owning an Evora as a lot of the Lotus "dealerships" in SoCal at the moment are tied into exotic car dealerships, which I'm sure are accustomed to just charging whatever they want for service. I just don't want to end up with a vehicle that has some issues that need to be taken care of, and have a shop taking advantage of me.

If it helps I am located in Orange County. So LA, San Diego, and Riverside are all within an hour drive of me.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Harry at A1 in LA is really good.

Im also in OC (Huntington Beach) but do all my own work so havnt needed a shop.
A good wheel alignment shop is West End in Gardena if you ever need one.

·
Registered
250 Posts
You have plenty of options given the rarity of the car.
Galpin and CNC are Lotus dealers.
Independent shops: I go to Harry at A1 - probably got more experience than all of them. He also own Elise and badass driver.
Jack at Noble - worked on my Evora few times when he was partner with Harry.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Harry at A1 in LA is really good.

Im also in OC (Huntington Beach) but do all my own work so havnt needed a shop.
A good wheel alignment shop is West End in Gardena if you ever need one.
Amazing! Someone like this is exactly what I was looking for!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Contact info please for Harry/A1 and Jack/Noble?
Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Harry at A1 is really good and reasonably priced! FYI, they're open during this COVID shut down, give him a call as he personally or only selected employees will work on Lotuses.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Don't go to Jack at Noble. To make a long story short, he cracked my rear clam, then he cracked my front splitter and clam, then he let me drive the car with crucial suspension bolts not torqued down. Noble used to be an A1 Auto, then Harry split because Jack and the Owner were corrupt. And unfortunately, I can vouch for that since I was the first to try them after the split.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts