2005 Elise #3935, Chrome Orange, BOE tune, Exige wheels, splitter
376 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
I've never used Waldir, what was your bad experience?

Try emailing RS. He did my recall, one man show so I could see him being bad about the phones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Stilling doing God's work
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I've never used Waldir, what was your bad experience?

Try emailing RS. He did my recall, one man show so I could see him being bad about the phones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Waldir replaced items on the car without asking me. The item he replaced failed a few months later, he refused to fix.

Do you have RS's e-mail address? If you need to PM it to me, that's cool.

·
Registered
268 Posts
For the record, I think that Waldir is great - he did all (many) things on my 2005 elise since I got it in 2009 and never an issue, including MP45 SC/maintenance, cf roof weather stripping and custom upholstery (outsourced), pulley, belt, nitrons, RTD brace, full suspension refresh, pro rad, resistor pack, fluid changes, caliper exchange and rebuild, harnesses/bar, race steering rack, mono balls, manly mounts, rotors/pads, wheel studs, steel brake lines, AFR and boost sensors and gauges, shift-i, flywheel and clutch, intake, stereo/amp/sub, etc, etc...great work, friendly, will take time at no charge to give good advice, picks up and drops off car, connections with people who do good work with paint, upholstery, alignment, dyno tunning, ecu reflash, tires/wheels, he worked on many local lotuses for years, quite a few prepped for track regularly...nothing but best things to say about him...my 2c

·
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For the record, I think that Waldir is great - he did all (many) things on my 2005 elise since I got it in 2009 and never an issue, including MP45 SC/maintenance, cf roof weather stripping and custom upholstery (outsourced), pulley, belt, nitrons, RTD brace, full suspension refresh, pro rad, resistor pack, fluid changes, caliper exchange and rebuild, harnesses/bar, race steering rack, mono balls, manly mounts, rotors/pads, wheel studs, steel brake lines, AFR and boost sensors and gauges, shift-i, flywheel and clutch, intake, stereo/amp/sub, etc, etc...great work, friendly, will take time at no charge to give good advice, picks up and drops off car, connections with people who do good work with paint, upholstery, alignment, dyno tunning, ecu reflash, tires/wheels, he worked on many local lotuses for years, quite a few prepped for track regularly...nothing but best things to say about him...my 2c
Sorry, cannot concur. What he and his son did to my Elise was a disaster. I wouldn't send my go-cart to him for an oil change.

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Contact Waldir at intermecanic.com in Mamaroneck
BINGO. Former Head Tech at Huntingridge and knows more about these cars than ANYONE else I know. Don't say he's horrible without some pretty significant rationale! I also consider him a good friend at the track! Maybe you just don't know these cars at his level. Might help if instead of negativity we got some facts. Seems you don't do well with any service folks!!!

·
971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
BINGO. Former Head Tech at Huntingridge and knows more about these cars than ANYONE else I know. Don't say he's horrible without some pretty significant rationale! I also consider him a good friend at the track! Maybe you just don't know these cars at his level. Might help if instead of negativity we got some facts. Seems you don't do well with any service folks!!!
Hardly. He worked on a radiator issue for my Elise. Replaced it actually. Died 2 months later. Refused to fix it. Hard it towed, at my expense, to S & S in Princeton, NJ. Basically he messed it all up. Since he was the only one to work on the car, it was his fault. They even said the previous mechanic screwed it up bad.

He may be a good friend to you, but he's a horrible mechanic to many others. I've received several PMs to prove I am far from the only one. His level…. Please… What level? Ground floor?

·
Premium Member
8,388 Posts
Just seems like your history on this forum is bitchin...... just sayin.
BTW ever hear a mechanic compliment another's work??

·
Registered
122 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts