The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 240 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gaging interest for a Southen Ohio run in May. This is suppose to be one of the best driving route north of the Carolinas.

Here is what I would like to propose:

• Meet at Zanesville (on I70)
  • take 555 to 676 to Marietta
  • Have late lunch at Marietta
  • take 26 (Ohio Dragon :D) to 800 to Hendryshurg (back on I70)

I think this is about 120 miles? Folks from the East (Pitt) and West (Columbus/Cinny/Indy) can take off from there on I70, while us NE Ohio boys can continue on with 800 to 250 toward Canton.

Note to the NE Ohio guys: We can meet at Canton for breakfast then head down to Zanesville.

Edit...

Date: May 25th

Central meeting time and location: McDonalds 2739 MAPLE AVE ZANESVILLE, OH 43701 (noon)

NE Ohio meeting time and location: 9am @ Canton Bravo parking lot directly opposite to the exit 109 from I77 South. We can get some breakfast near by and head down to Zanesville around 10am (it should take us around 1.5-2hrs or so depending on what route).

Current count (last updated May 21st):

1. Cory1000 - Cory
2. Bgwillyelise - Jeff
3. jmiesse - Jeff
4. swede - Mats
5. HobanJ - Jeremy
6. megatron - Steve
7. Dave -Dave
8. Spectre - Kyle
9. ZAMMY1 - Sam
10. ITA66 - Tony
11. Waydui - Wayne
12. UKphil - Phil
13. Newhouse - Roel
14. ChrisN - Chris
15. Elisecat - Matthew
16. ajp33 - Andrew (waiting for a miracle)
17. Terry B
18. LotusUSA - Jason (not yet confirm)
19. TiGumz - Glenn

Attachments

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
as of now I am up got any of those days, do most people like to do a Saturday or Sunday better?

Edit: the later date the better as I just ordered a bunch of stuff to install on the car...

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
SUNDAY FTW

May 9th weekend is carlisle weekend for me and probably some PITT guys.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I may be able to do the 24 or 25.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
25th works. Sundays are best for me. If we do a saturday i wont make it. :(

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
Why dont we plan as if its the 25th then...looks like thats going to be the best...

Ill start the list:
1. Cory1000
2. Bgwillyelise
3. jmiesse
4. swede
5. HobanJ (Maybe)

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry, been out of touch for a few days. Obviously I am in. The 25th it is. Cory I will take the list you got and move it to the top.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Sounds like close to a 550 mile round trip for me. :panic:

:shift::cool:

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
i guess the Mid-west is still hibernating:rolleyes:

·
Registered
204 Posts
I love Route 26. I went to Marietta College, and I used to drive 26 on weekends (usually early Sunday mornings) just for fun. Shortly after you get out of town, there are some severe twisties, a handful of which are actually banked! :crazyeyes

The first several minutes on 26 are the best.

Then the road settles into a more level path through the woods, with a river near by. It is not as fall-off-of-the-cliff treacherous as in the first several miles, but has some nice twists and small eleveation changes and you can pick up the pace a bit. You pass at least four covered bridges along the way, at least one of which you can drive through (but, erm, maybe not in an Elise).

There is a great 4.5 mile trail up in the woods that you can pick up at one of the covered bridges. It is great for mountain biking, and due to the severe elevation changes and tight path, it makes for a very intense and enjoyably technical 4.5 miles. (...erm, again, maybe not compatible with Lotus...) :)

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
where and when in zanesville?
i may just jump over.
sam

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
where and when in zanesville?
i may just jump over.
sam
Don't know much about Zanesville, but found this on McDonalds's website.

2739 MAPLE AVE
ZANESVILLE, OH 43701

According to their site, this is right on Rt 60/Maple ave just north of I70 at Zanesville. Thinking about noon. So the guys up at the Cleveland area can leave around 8am and head down to Canton (45min to 1hr). We can meet at 9am at the Bravo parking lot that is directly opposite to the 109 exit ramp from I77 South. We can get some breakfast near by and head down to Zanesville around 10am (it should take us around 1.5-2hrs or so depending on what route).

Zammy1, Maybe you can help to spread the words with your fello PA Etalkers. :D

1 - 20 of 240 Posts