29,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MP3

Southampton Dock
Apologies to Roger Waters/Pink Floyd

The cars were released, in mid-July.
Yet no one spoke...
And no one smiled.
There were still too many spaces in the line.

And they gathered... at EliseTalk.
They all agreed, with hand on mouse,
To wait yet another month of time.

But now-

She's parked upon ....Southhampton dock
With her Sport Pack,
And her soft top.
They say it keeps out the water in the rain.

In quiet desperation,
Fingers white upon the slippery keys
He bravely posts the cars have shipped again.
Oooh, Lotus what have you done?

And still the rumors spreads around
among them all.
A dark reminder
that the cars, won't be here till fall.

But when the wait was over..
We drove what they had made...
And -
sitting in our cars,
it was worth the wait.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Well Randy, I for one have been glad to see Lotus Coming Back to Life, with a car to Eclipse all offerings from other marques in this price range. When I saw that beautiful Mother In The Flesh at the LA Auto Show I was Lost for Words, knowing that One Of These Days I'd be able to Run Like Hell in one. Brought out the Young Lust in me.

While some decry there is Nobody Home in customer relations, and often viewing this board with Paranoid Eyes, I try to remind myself it takes Time to ramp up new production.

Glad I made the Final Cut on the second call for orders, to be One Of The Few driving an Elise in '04. :D

·
Registered
729 Posts
Need4Speed said:
Well Randy, I for one have been glad to see Lotus Coming Back to Life, with a car to Eclipse all offerings from other marques in this price range. When I saw that beautiful Mother In The Flesh at the LA Auto Show I was Lost for Words, knowing that One Of These Days I'd be able to Run Like Hell in one. Brought out the Young Lust in me.

While some decry there is Nobody Home in customer relations, and often viewing this board with Paranoid Eyes, I try to remind myself it takes Time to ramp up new production.

Glad I made the Final Cut on the second call for orders, to be One Of The Few driving an Elise in '04. :D

HAHAHAHHHAHA
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

You deserve to have a cigar!!!
Speaking of that, I think I will light one up right now.
Wish you were here.
Maybe one of these days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts