The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will Kimi regain his Spa form and remain in the title chase? Will Massa take the upper hand and become #1 for the remainder of the season? Will LH trump both, or will there be a surprise contender? Will Eau Rouge be the same corner it was? (Just heard Rosberg say he almost got sick in the compression, lol)

To me, Spa is the best course on the circuit - 146 mph average speed. A couple great overtaking ops, and unreal g loading.

Discuss.

I haven't watched Q yet - watching now, but predicting Kimi for FTW! :shift:

·
Registered
326 Posts
I don't know about Kimi, it sure seems like he's lost his motivation. I also think the McLarens are going to be tough to beat from a reliability standpoint. We've seen two blown-up Ferraris recently.

I also think that if Kimi doesn't win, thats the end of his WC hopes. Massa has been out-performing him lately and if Massa clearly identifies himself as the No. 1 at Ferrari, Kimi may just drive around for the rest of the season, collect his money and be done with it. (He may be doing that already)

Now if it rains, it's anybody's guess. One thing for sure though, if the track is wet, Massa will spin off somewhere.

Spoilers: Heidfeld, Bourdais, Vettel........I'd also love to see David do well in his last GP at Spa.

All that aside....it's probably going to be Lewis on the top step tomorrow.

Go Kimi.

Mike

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know about Kimi, it sure seems like he's lost his motivation. I also think the McLarens are going to be tough to beat from a reliability standpoint. We've seen two blown-up Ferraris recently.

I also think that if Kimi doesn't win, thats the end of his WC hopes. Massa has been out-performing him lately and if Massa clearly identifies himself as the No. 1 at Ferrari, Kimi may just drive around for the rest of the season, collect his money and be done with it. (He may be doing that already)

Now if it rains, it's anybody's guess. One thing for sure though, if the track is wet, Massa will spin off somewhere.

Spoilers: Heidfeld, Bourdais, Vettel........I'd also love to see David do well in his last GP at Spa.

All that aside....it's probably going to be Lewis on the top step tomorrow.

Go Kimi.

Mike
OK, just finished watching Q. Can't argue with anything you said above. Keeping my fingers crossed for Kimi though - I do think he can pull it off over the race distance, as he's ruled Spa over the last few years. As for the reliability, it is a concern but they seem to have vetted the problem. We'll see - should be a great race!

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Looking forward to a competitive race tomorrow morning... luckily I'm in NYC so I only have to be up at 7:30 am for the Speed pre-race show...

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm not sure if the "Ice Man" has lost his motivation but, definitely, has lost some of his confidence after last few unfortunate races. Give him a reliable car and he will deliver.

It's amazing how media is all over his arse and are talking highly of Hamilton. Remember, after not so good start of the season British media were about to hang Hamilton. There's still few races to go.

I certainly hope that he's slightly heavy tomorrow at the start of the race and pits later than all of the front-runners.:popcorn:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I'm pulling for Hamilton, but my prediction is Masa, Ham, Kimi, Kov.

And yeah, east coast means I only have to wake up at 7:45am. But that's still too early.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I'm expecting Ham either finishes first or not at all. Seems unlikely that Ferrari will suddenly start matching his pace tomorrow.

As for the press, keep in mind what they were saying about Massa at the start of the season too. They're always creating tension that might not actually be there.

All this talk about Kimi being finished is a little silly. He's doing better than he was last year at this point, and he went on to win the championship. Even if we do assume he's doing bad, he's still 3rd in the championship, I bet there's a whole ton of other drivers that would like to be 1/2 that good!

I'll be up bright and early to watch it in the morning. 6am PT. =/

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
I love this track!!

Ham will win if Massa doesn't jump him at the start.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Hamilton (and McLaren) looked very strong on Friday and Saturday - so I think that he might hold P1. Weather will be crucial, of course. Looking out of the window I would say: there are good chances of showers and that means they will play Belgian roulette.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Hmm... they're starting on the wet. And looks like there could be some rain at some point. I take that back and put my prediction of Masa at the end. We all know how he does in the wet.

Beside, McLaren better win today b/c I don't think they'll do to well against Ferrari in Monza next week on the high speed track.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
2 laps to go

- OH Lewis what a move!!!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
1 lap to go

Help Can't breath!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Now that's what I'm talking about!

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Confidence..........

LH - "I was praying for rain.........I knew I could deal with it"

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ah, it sucked for Kimi. He drove a spirited race... things happen in racing. 23 points gap and 5 races to go. Only Massa's and Hamilton's misfortunes can help Kimi now.

Also, I was reading this on F1-Live.com--

F1 : Hamilton title position lucky claims Alonso - HAMILTON - F1-Live.com

"Lewis Hamilton is 'lucky' to be in his current position at the top of the drivers' championship, his former McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso said at Spa Francorchamps."

I don't know if there's any admirer of Alonso here but let me state this -- Alonso is an IDIOT and I hope Ferrari never hires him!! :mad:

1 - 20 of 189 Posts