The Lotus Cars Community banner

181 - 189 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
It's all over !
The worst part is the FIA didn't have the balls to rule on the actual "infraction". :thwack: :thwack:

They just said the whole appeal was inadmissable:

"Having heard the explanations of the parties the Court has concluded that the appeal is inadmissible."

What a bunch of feckless, spineless bureaucrats!!

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
And watch for the fireworks if Massa wins the Championship by 6 points or less!! :popcorn: :popcorn:

FIA = Ferrari Is Absolute

Regards,
Wayne

·
Registered
492 Posts
Such a shame for Lewis and such a shame for the sport.

Can anyone explain why Ferrari where in the meeting yesterday if this was just about not be able to undo the drive through penalty?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Such a shame for Lewis and such a shame for the sport.

Can anyone explain why Ferrari where in the meeting yesterday if this was just about not be able to undo the drive through penalty?
I didn't understand that either. I thought the battle was pruley between McLaren and FIA. BTW - the meeting was only for the approval for the case to heard, not the ruling to be overturned. The rules do say that penalty can not be appealed so they just enforced the rules.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
dumb...they shouldn't even allow the drive through penalty in the first place since they called it AFTER THE RACE. these people are stupid...

·
Registered
975 Posts
I didn't understand that either. I thought the battle was pruley between McLaren and FIA. BTW - the meeting was only for the approval for the case to heard, not the ruling to be overturned. The rules do say that penalty can not be appealed so they just enforced the rules.
it appears ferrari intervened as an interested party.

mclaren would have done the same thing if the shoe were on the other foot.

what was interesting was that mclaren had only 3 legal representatives present for THEIR appeal and ferrari had 5!

181 - 189 of 189 Posts