The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Circle track racing has its own challenges, but how could anything compare to the drama of what we have just seen? So many variables, so much happening so fast. When Hamilton made the move back on Kimi after letting him back around after being pushed wide after taking it to Kimi after winding him in for 10 laps..........and oh yeah, then weather and, and, and :panic:

·
Registered
351 Posts
Race is under review. I knew the stewards would try to penalize hamilton. Dont know how since he let kimi have the spot back unless they tag him with aggressive driving.
Nothing is gonna happen. If anything, they might impose a Euro 10,000-20,000 fine. :)

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
I don't know if there's any admirer of Alonso here but let me state this -- Alonso is an IDIOT and I hope Ferrari never hires him!! :mad:
Why should they? They know about his driving skills, but also about the role he played in last year's affair. Imagine how the Italian press would respond to a move like that. :panic:

If one of the current Ferrari drivers should quit after 2009, my guess would be that Sebastian Vettel is going to replace him. :)

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
hamster gets a 25 second penalty. drops him to p3. Glock gets one too. F1 stewards suck my fat hairy butt.

·
Registered
782 Posts
FIA penalties

You can bet Hamilton will be fined and dropped back in position. Ferrari's political control of the FIA will again be used to make up for their lack of performance. I'm actually more of a Kimi and Heiki fan than a Lewis fan but I detest Ferrari as an organization (race team and production car manufacturer.) They consistently treat their drivers and customers like
s***. I can't understand how Ron Dennis can continue to put up with the abuse and unfair treatment (I suppose it has something to do with the amount of money he makes.)

·
Registered
617 Posts
I don't know if there's any admirer of Alonso here but let me state this -- Alonso is an IDIOT and I hope Ferrari never hires him!! :mad:
You are correct Sir. Still, you can't deny that he's a fantastic driver.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts
Race is under review. I knew the stewards would try to penalize hamilton. Dont know how since he let kimi have the spot back unless they tag him with aggressive driving.
Well, yeah, it was a bit of an aggressive pass; but that's racing. He DID fall behind and let him have his spot back, so he didn't GAIN anything ...and still went on to pass him shortly after that. Kimi did himself in by not settling for 2nd place.... I think he just got too crazy about trying to get it back.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm confused. Was Lewis penalized for racing? How does a driver gain an unfair advantage by giving up the lead?

·
Registered
985 Posts
What a joke!! Racing for the lead in the final laps with rain and dry tires and they impose a penalty. Why not just give the championship to Ferrari at the beginning of the season and call it at that. So disappointing as it was a very entertaining race and fair result until the race stewards got involved. I sure hope they reconsider before next weekend in Italy.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Damn you, Comcast!!!! They just summarily removed Speed Channel from my already ridiculously expensive package, in the hopes that I'd "upgrade" to an even more more ridiculously expensive package. No warning, no nothing-just a reshuffling of my package...Hey, only I reshuffle my "package." :D Grrrrrrr...I apparently missed quite a good race...

I'll be interested to hear the opinions of the other drivers of Ham's late race moves and the penalty assessed by the stewards. If it stands, look to Ferrari to throw full support behind Felipe for the remaining races. Particularly since the next race is Monza!

Tom

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
the race was fantastic!!!
the track is amazing!!!!

i didnt know about any penalty until reading here, which is just after watching it from DVR.

what is the reason for the penalty? they were both aggressive, and ham let him by when he gained advantage from going off. it was brilliant to have made himself ready to pass right away, but that was following the rules.

the fact that kimi crashed realy makes the penalty a moot point..........NO?

still a great race, but the rules pretty much seem to suck.
I would like an explaination from someone here who knows what rule was broken.
Fish

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
From my reading of the coverage on F-1.com, the stewards apparently ruled Ham gained an unfair advantage by cutting the final chicane. McLaren claims Kimi forced Lewis off; the stewards say it was Kimi's line to race.

Tom

·
Registered
351 Posts
You are correct Sir. Still, you can't deny that he's a fantastic driver.
...and I agree that he's an exciting driver. Montoya was another guy who just couldn't keep his mouth shut and just deliver on the track.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Crazy!

LH unintentionally cut off the corner and gained a place.
LH clearly let Kimi pass him back on the next straight.
LH stayed very close to Kimi's gearbox and took him back a the corner.
Kimi bumped into the back of LH

Was LH:
Risky - Yes.
Agressive - Yes.
Fair - Yes.
The better driver when the rain came - Yes.

But IMHO non of that matters since Kimi crashed anyway.

I don't understand the justification for the 25 second penalty. How did they come up with that number? Is that a "standard" time penalty?

·
Registered
351 Posts
From my reading of the coverage on F-1.com, the stewards apparently ruled Ham gained an unfair advantage by cuttuing the final chicane. McLaren claims Kimi forced Lewis off; the stewards say it was Kimi's line to race.

Tom
Here's an article on BBC...

BBC SPORT | Motorsport | Formula One | Hamilton stripped of Belgian win

What a joke, and I'm an avid Ferrari/Kimi fan. Stewards should be stripped of such powers and the penalty they could impose should be limited to Euro 20,000 (max). Let the guys race! I'm convinced that this is not the end of it. :shrug:

21 - 40 of 189 Posts