The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 189 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
LH gained an advantage by using the runoff area. The penalty is deserved.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yeah, and Nick Heidfield did the same by switching to intermediates :wallbang:

·
Registered
617 Posts
I apparently missed quite a good race...
One of the best, IMHO. The penalty is asinine, although even before the pass I thought that Hamilton should simply wait to pass safely on the straight where the McLaren had the legs to do it easily after drafting.

·
Registered
617 Posts
But wait, he gave up the place. Is he supposed to spot Kimi even more?

·
Registered
487 Posts
Yeah, and Nick Heidfield did the same by switching to intermediates :wallbang:
There is no rule against swtiching tires, there is a rule against gaining an advantage while not even on the track !:panic:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
There is no rule against swtiching tires, there is a rule against gaining an advantage while not even on the track !:panic:
Like Kimi did when he and LH both went off but LH came back on while Kimi stayed off on the run off and did not lose any time?

Like that kind of unfair advantage -poke-

FIA is a joke :mad:

McLaren should quit F1 and start a rival series without Ferrari :wallbang::shift:

·
Registered
143 Posts
This happens all the time where there are chicanes and as long as the driver "gives up" any advantage he gained by allowing the other car(s) to re-pass, I have not seen penalties such as this applied before. When I heard of the stewards enquiry, I thought it was more likely to be about Kimi not allowing Hamilton racing room....silly me!

The FIA is making F1 a laughing stock.

·
Registered
487 Posts
LH used that illegally gained momentum, barely let Kimi pass them fell right into the slipstream - he gained an advantage, period. Did he suffer at all from a missed pass ? No = advantage. I think LH would have passed him anyways as he was much faster, but you can't do it like that.

·
Registered
492 Posts
What rubbish!

Kimi gave Lewis nowhere to go but off the track. Lewis did what he supposed to do and gave the position back. Was he any closer to Kimi after rejoining the track than he was before the 'incident'? Where was the advantage?

·
Registered
487 Posts
What rubbish!

Kimi gave Lewis nowhere to go but off the track. Lewis did what he supposed to do and gave the position back. Was he any closer to Kimi after rejoining the track than he was before the 'incident'? Where was the advantage?
Yes, he was alot closer - that is the advantage. LH probably would have won anyways without doing that - so why. Just my opinion.

Complain here if you want to:

Belgium Grand Prix - Lewis Hamilton was unfairly stripped of his win Petition

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
whether any of us, agree on the penalty or not, bottom line is FIA dont like Ron Dennis nor McLaren...nuff said

i hope Massa or Kimi would pull something out of the bag for the last 5 races, if not LH along with McLaren will end up being champs

·
Registered
518 Posts
LH used that illegally gained momentum, barely let Kimi pass them fell right into the slipstream - he gained an advantage, period. Did he suffer at all from a missed pass ? No = advantage. I think LH would have passed him anyways as he was much faster, but you can't do it like that.
So now slipstreaming should be penalised aswell.:rolleyes: C'mon It is debatable on who was wrong at the busstop. To me it looked as if LH had the advantage. KR like any racingdriver would do just let the car run wide, forcing the other to back down and avoiding a collision. LH went off track, found the tarmac bypass and got back onto the circuit.

It was an intelligent move to back off and let KR pass. Nowwhere it is stated that you have to leave a gap. You have to give the trackposition back. That is what he did. After KR got in front it's ok to start racing again. Heck KR even went into the defensive mode swirling all over the track.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
in a word:

bullshyt

·
Registered
487 Posts
So now slipstreaming should be penalised aswell.:rolleyes: C'mon It is debatable on who was wrong at the busstop. To me it looked as if LH had the advantage. KR like any racingdriver would do just let the car run wide, forcing the other to back down and avoiding a collision. LH went off track, found the tarmac bypass and got back onto the circuit.

It was an intelligent move to back off and let KR pass. Nowwhere it is stated that you have to leave a gap. You have to give the trackposition back. That is what he did. After KR got in front it's ok to start racing again. Heck KR even went into the defensive mode swirling all over the track.
Debatable - sure. The rules say nothing about giving the position back etc.. they say an advantage can not be gained by doing that. LH gained an advantage.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Signed :up:

Today was a great day for F1, they put on a great show and then the FIA fcuked it up :thwack:

Why do they run the races?

I guess they want to know which driver in a Red car wins the championship :wallbang:

I hope Ron gets Red Bull, Toyota, BMW & Honda (Possibly Renault but they are French...) together to start a new series without the FIA and Ferrari. His pitch is simple, Ferrari and the FIA will never let you win so why play? They are spending so much money they don't need the FIA and the Red cars.

:mad:

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
well you know, lewis actually caused the red car to spin and run off track just by being present. hey, make up any bs you want in reporting fia decisions!

at least now i don't feel so bad that the indy race is gone.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
This is total BS :mad:. How does FIA get away with this? Mclaren should just leave F1 and see what kind of a show FIA can put on without them.

41 - 60 of 189 Posts