The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to load a spacer for my steering.
i am tall and turning steering i touch knees with my hands, this is not so good.
i have the stock steering without air-bag.
can anyone help me saying which (cheap) product i can buy ?
thanks.

Max

·
Registered
570 Posts
I want one as well but want to keep the airbag.

Searched without finding anything.

ken

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
this could be an excellent solution.
you know for sure this could be ok for our Lotus ? i read it should be ok but i ask the confirm to you, i am not so good in english language.
i read also the kit provides to the snap-off system (cool), even if i don't need it but it's cool.
and spacers are available in two different size: 20 mm. and 40 mm.

Max

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Another solution to consider is to move the pedals forward a few inches. I have done this and it works great! If you're interested, just "search".

Good luck,

Joe

·
Super Moderator
5,454 Posts
this could be an excellent solution.
you know for sure this could be ok for our Lotus ? i read it should be ok but i ask the confirm to you, i am not so good in english language.
i read also the kit provides to the snap-off system (cool), even if i don't need it but it's cool.
and spacers are available in two different size: 20 mm. and 40 mm.

Max
Max,

I haven't used that component but if you email Geary (who runs EliseParts - contact details on the website) I'm sure he can answer your question. I can fully recommend EliseParts as a supplier too!

Cheers,
Steve

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i know for sure that a right position of pedals is important to practice a correct drive.
but sincerily i am little scared to modify the default position of pedals, and maybe i suppose the easier solution is to apply the steering spacer :)
anyway the position of my legs are ok and pedals are ok too, on the contrary i would like to have a more correct inclination 90° of my arms to solve the problem of hands touching knees too.
i will contact Geary for sure, i am already their customer having bought some components in past.

Max

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i just received answer from Geary (Eliseparts) about their item, and he told me the hub adaptor spacer is not for stock steering but only for Momo or Sparco steering.

i am sad.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
i just received answer from Geary (Eliseparts) about their item, and he told me the hub adaptor spacer is not for stock steering but only for Momo or Sparco steering.

i am sad.
The stock wheel is Momo, but I assume he means the Momo minus the airbag?

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
good observation.
i will reverse your question to Geary saying our steering is by Momo (i didn' know it).
but his answer said the hub adapter is not for stock steering, so... ... .... but i will answer him again.

Max

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
The stock wheel is by Momo, but that does not necessarily mean it conforms to Momo's standard mounting bolt pattern.

Momo makes their wheels with their standard mounting bolt pattern. But they make the Lotus wheel as an OEM vendor, and manufacture it according to Lotus' design not according to their own standard.

xtn

1 - 11 of 11 Posts