The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I have ordered all the things needed for installing a flip out screen, headunit, Metra harness, and parking bypass. I'm aware of the wiper stalk issue. I went with the Pioneer 3400NEX, which seem to have all the features most of us would like and optional back-up camera if wanted. The older 3300NEX surprisingly cost a little bit more than the new 3400 from amazon which is odd but after some research they are exactly the same and possibly an upgraded processor on the 3400. I've read many threads about installing flip up screen with majority not mentioning a spacer is needed to clear the top part except for one members post. So that threw me off lol.

Just wondering if the newer flip screens just have more play to clear them now and dont need it? If members with flip screens can share their experience I would greatly appeciate it. Thanks in advance.

Gabe

·
Premium Member
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I’ll update in case other members might wonder. So I went ahead and installed it. Spacer wasn’t needed as the metal surround had enough tabs to push it out a little to clear the top. Replaced an old Kenwood that came with the car and I just had issues with it

Install was straight forward. My sounds improved by quite a bit and much clearer. Touch screen and navigating thru the menus is very easy and no lag. Apple CarPlay works amazing and one of my key reasons for getting this unit. I did do the firmware update just so everything is up to date. As expected, wiper stalk needs to be at the fastest setting to clear but you have the option for the screen to just stay open and not close on startup/off. I did not install a backup camera yet but I may when it gets warmer. I mainly tested everything while in the garage and so far I am very pleased with it. Lots of features to go thru, but I’ll wait for a warmer day to check them out. Tbh, anything was probably better than what I had. Anyways, here how it looks...
IMG_7758.jpg
IMG_7756.jpg IMG_7755.jpg IMG_7757.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: RoHo
1 - 2 of 2 Posts