The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried a Sparco helmet and could provide any feedback. I'm looking for a new track day helmet and was looking at their titan-adv or speed models. Unfortunately, the nearest Sparco dealers is several hours from me, so I was hoping to get some feedback on whether they're worth it before I commit to the roadtrip to actually try one on. Thanks.

·
Registered
460 Posts
HobanJ,

You may want to check out the current issue of Grassroots Motorsports (May). They review many different helmets including the Sparco Titan ADV. Their only complaint about the Sparco was the small eye port that restricted the field of vision. As far as quality goes, they said it was first class.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Titan Adv is VERY nice and even lighter than an Arai GP-5, and comparable in build quality. You get what you pay for. Just don't get a HJC Carbon, you will be paying for the looks not construction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have an older Sparco helmet. The fit was a bit snug. By measurement, I should be using a large but had to get an extra large. It fits snuggly under the chin/jawline. I've used it for autocross, time trials and karting. Not too heavy. I think it's around 3.2 lbs.

There are models that have large eye ports for autocross and track days. Also, try to get one that is SA2005, if not, you might be getting a new helmet in a couple of years again.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
I just bought Sparco Circuit-ADV (cheaper version of Titan-ADV). Very nice helmet. If you will use HANS, you can pay extra $10 and get the helmet with HANS clips pre-installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts