The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening, how's everyone doing? After enjoying the late Indian summer here in Michigan the weather is slowly starting to turn. As a result I am beginning to order parts for my car and what not. The one thing I am struggling to find is a spare key, unfortunately my car only came with one. If anyone has any suggestions on where to get a second one made or if another can be purchased somehow, that would be incredibly helpful. Happy Holidays everyone, take care.

·
Arch. Project Manager
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

Transforged racing also has a cool solution although you will need to get a new fob, unless you don't care about the remote locking. I know yours already has the immobilizer deactivated :wink2:

TFR Integrated Key ? TransForged
What is this madness, you don't say hi, write but your willing to post on the forum. Just kidding, hope your doing well brother! Thank you both for the guidance and information. :smile2::)

·
Registered
26 Posts
Both solutions listed are great for keys and if you spare transmitter, but they appear to require you already have the fob and you just transfer the internals to these solutions. Where does one aquire the standard fobs themselves? I only have one and I'm terrified of losing it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Where does one aquire the standard fobs themselves? I only have one and I'm terrified of losing it.
Same here. Just ordered off Ebay yesterday, will keep you updated

GENUINE NEW Cobra Replacement Car Alarm 7777 Key Fob Remote Control Cases x2
ITEM PRICE: US $7.34

Cobra 7777B replacement car alarm key fob - fits 1046 3193 3196 3198 3993 3998
ITEM PRICE: US $37.05

Estimated delivery Wed, Apr 12 - Mon, Apr 24

·
Registered
58 Posts
Received package from England today, One complete fob and two empty fob shells. I will attempt pairing the new complete fob later today. Here is old fob swapped into a new fob shell.

Attachments

·
Registered
92 Posts
Both solutions listed are great for keys and if you spare transmitter, but they appear to require you already have the fob and you just transfer the internals to these solutions. Where does one aquire the standard fobs themselves? I only have one and I'm terrified of losing it.
I'm not sure if you resolved this. I have the same issue so please let me know if you were more successful than I have been. I talked to the dealer and additional key hardware would be a couple hundred bucks or so. But they also appear to have to program the thing for another couple hundred. I don't recall the exact amounts because I decided I could surely find a better alternative. I have not.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
58 Posts

Ebay, as stated above. I followed the online directions to program the replacement fob which only succeeded in setting the alarm off multiple times. I need to try the instructions sent with the fob, in a cave away from any ears.:eek:

·
Registered
48 Posts
Do these work on the Evora or only for the Elise?

·
Registered
84 Posts
i hate to spend $330 on a key but I think I will just bite the bullet and order one from my dealer and have them program it correctly.

·
Registered
279 Posts
i hate to spend $330 on a key but I think I will just bite the bullet and order one from my dealer and have them program it correctly.
I got a key blank on e-bay for $7.99, a fob for $69, and a key chain that matched the OEM one on Amazon for $9.95. Total outlay with shipping was about $100.

Key blank: https://www.ebay.com/itm/KEY-BLANK-CASE-SHELL-FOR-OPEL-VAUXHALL-ASTRA-ZAFIRA-1994-2003-OP11/201790757663?hash=item2efbaa9b1f:g:EoQAAOSw5cNYhHk6

Fob: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lotus-Elise-Exige-Esprit-Cobra-Remote-Key-Fob-NEW/171123296424?epid=1292756590&hash=item27d7be48a8:g:j6AAAOSwxH1T7M3u

1 - 13 of 13 Posts