The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm kind of getting tired of the crappy speakers in my Elise. I have the Blaupunkt speakers and stereo. If I leave the stock stereo and just change out the speakers, will this make a difference. I don't want a loud bumping stereo but I just want a nice clean sound without the crackling when I turn the sound up. So my next question is, is this something I can DIY or should I take it into the dealer and have them do it? And what would be a good speaker to upgrade to? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I bought some take off alpine speakers from a newer exige for 40$. They sound WAY better than the stock 05s, and the grills are less prone to warping. Best part: 4 min install with one of the right angle screwdrivers.....

·
Registered
2,731 Posts
...a speaker swap for the stock sizes is a simple do-it-yourself project, and yes, the difference for even something decent consumer-grade is profound...

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
you can do it yourself...I did it both on my 05 and my current elise... it does make a difference....you will make it easier on yourself (especially for fronts, near the windshield) if you get a mini ratchet screwdriver such as this (about $7 at sears)....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Get the speaker rings from Jim Clayton on this board. $40 well spent - my stereo sounds great without a subwoofer.

·
Registered
263 Posts
we have speakers and a radio?!

wouldn't know... i can only hear my Stage 2 :shrug:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the tips?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts