The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys and gals i want to up grade my speakers and maybe throw a sub woofer in. i have a 05 elise and the speakers are just horriable. any suggestions or help? thanx

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Do a search under my username. Been there done that.

Biggest improvement comes from putting JL 5.25s up front.

Good luck

·
Vendor
3,281 Posts
JL audio 5.25 in the front. Either 5.25 or 6" in the rear. JL audio sub is how I am going to do it. Right now I have the kenwood powered sub, which is adequate, but I am not really happy with it. Since the woman OK'ed the removal of the foot rest, I have the JL sub in the box.

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Any speaker is better than the Blue Point ones installed.

Another sub option is the Bazooka 6.5" 200W. Fits perfectly on the rear sill with no modifications snuggly.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi guys i am planning on buying a deck and speakers. I have two Kicker CVR 12'' wired with Alpine MRP-M850 and planning on buying CDA-9887 deck and i dunnno which speakers to buy. I want to buy speakers for which i wont have to buy an amp and they can be run with enough power from the deck. I am looking for 51/4" for front and 61/5" for back. These are my choices:
JL AUDIO
TR525-CXi/ TRP650-CXi
CERWIN VEGA
HED 5/ HED 65
JBL
GTO527/ KFC-1661S/ KFC-1682ie

ANY SUGGESTIONS.....Thankyou

·
Registered
223 Posts
TR525-CXi/ TRP650-CXi
I've listen to both the TR & VR 5.25" JL speakers & prefer the VR's. I found them to be less bright with a warmer mid-range and worth the ~ $60 price premium IMHO. However, the difference will only be noticable if you're running a better HU &/or AMP. Jim Clayton sells some speaker adapter rings which work well to place a set of 5.25" JL's up front.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
what the **** is with all these dumb threads especially in the last week. auto forums.... :(

·
Registered
832 Posts
Anyone have pics of a bazooka tube installed?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts