The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Remember the good old days when special edition actually included performance options, not just paint/anodized options?

"the Elise CR gets plenty of unique features likes an anthracite anodized gear knob and handbrake sleeve, along with the Club Racer "CR" logo embroidered on the headrest. There's even a unique anodized aluminum floor. A small 320mm steering wheel even features an on-center marker to make sure the driver always knows the position of the wheels. Included in the package are a set of anthracite anodized six-spoke aluminum wheels with Yokohama AD07 LTS tires."

I know my Elise is a better car than I am a driver, but I really dont think I would be a better driver with a different color shift knob or embroidery on the seat.

Reminds me of an article I read by Geoff Brabham back in the Nissan IMSA GTP days. Nissan had just purchased/taken over the car Electromotive team after they had won many races and 1 or 2 championships with the GTP car. The race team had gone from something like 25 people to 250 people.

Geoff had commented that he knew the glory days were over when one of the Nissan race engineers/developer, who he had never seen before, asked him what color the lcd display in the car should be. Not what it should display to help him go faster, just what color should it display it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
and if I read that right, it only has 134 HP? Is that right? What engine is it using?

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
1 - 3 of 3 Posts