Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Attachments

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts

·
3,201 Posts
True its not for everyone. But if you had any idea the amount of work that goes into these caps, you would know its a bargain.

-Gabe
They do look like very nice parts, sorry didn't mean to sound like I was being a total a$$hat. It is funny to me that most Lotus owners (like me) are really sorta cheap [email protected] and some will spend any amount of anything carbon. I'd say for me it's not just the insane price (did you really use the word "bargain"?) but rather the unique pattern in the carbon. Do you have any installed pictures?

While I too love carbon parts I only love them when they are functional carbon. Hell both my front lip and side scoops are carbon and both are wrapped in red vinyl. A little tasteful carbon can be great but I'm decidedly not a fan of the cull carbon interiors I've seen people do. To me they always come out cheap and fake looking even when they are far from that.

Are you guys making any performance carbon parts for the car? Wings, lips, canards, skirts? I'd ask about things like a rear hatch for an Exige but if a tiny gas cap is $600 I'd have to guess a rear hatch would be $6000!!

Either way good luck - there is most likely someone out there who will happily plunk down the cash.

-Ross

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They do look like very nice parts, sorry didn't mean to sound like I was being a total a$$hat. It is funny to me that most Lotus owners (like me) are really sorta cheap [email protected] and some will spend any amount of anything carbon. I'd say for me it's not just the insane price (did you really use the word "bargain"?) but rather the unique pattern in the carbon. Do you have any installed pictures?

While I too love carbon parts I only love them when they are functional carbon. Hell both my front lip and side scoops are carbon and both are wrapped in red vinyl. A little tasteful carbon can be great but I'm decidedly not a fan of the cull carbon interiors I've seen people do. To me they always come out cheap and fake looking even when they are far from that.

Are you guys making any performance carbon parts for the car? Wings, lips, canards, skirts? I'd ask about things like a rear hatch for an Exige but if a tiny gas cap is $600 I'd have to guess a rear hatch would be $6000!!

Either way good luck - there is most likely someone out there who will happily plunk down the cash.

-Ross
Go to this thread.http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f92/been-awhile-108612/

·
3,201 Posts
(wipes egg off face and firmly removes shoe from @ss...)

Obviously it's been a while for me too - sorry, haven't been around much lately so I'd missed that thread. Uh yeah, there are some sweet parts in there. Really nice to see someone making new and better parts for all of us. Don't worry about those d!cks that give you a hard time for selling the fuel door - seems you sorta did that for fun just to see how it would work.

I'm sure this is answered in the other thread but care to share how you make the pattern? Is that just part of the carbon fiber fabric and you just have to align is to the pattern is level? Is it cooler in person than in the pictures as I can't tell but I don't think I'd be a fan.

·
** The Enforcer **
7,594 Posts
I have the regular version and i love the quality a lot! Been stalking you guys on instagram, nice work! :D
I have the same version. I also have their carbon spark plug cover. Great products that save weight.

San

·
Registered
905 Posts
I have the same version. I also have their carbon spark plug cover. Great products that save weight.

San
Same as the above. I've got the fuel door and footrest and both are top notch quality. I've got some more goodies on the way from them and will be purchasing more as I can. Im tempted to try and scrape together some more $$ to pick this up actually. Thanks again for the present and future parts :up:

·
Saffron Yellow is Lighter
1,310 Posts
He is so meticulous on the gas covers. he spends hours and hours laying them out. amazing Patience. Im very proud of him.
I have the standard carbon gas lid from him too. I frankly would have paid $600 for it. Its a work of art. It is not only carbon, but has moving parts, and is functional, the finish is perfectly smooth, the weave is perfect, the weave on the door and the ring line up perfectly. Its better quality than many massed produced parts, a real work of art. Better quality than some of the ReVerie parts I have purchased.

Oh by the way, when will my carbon footrest be ready? I am hoping the weather breaks within a month!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
(wipes egg off face and firmly removes shoe from @ss...)

Obviously it's been a while for me too - sorry, haven't been around much lately so I'd missed that thread. Uh yeah, there are some sweet parts in there. Really nice to see someone making new and better parts for all of us. Don't worry about those d!cks that give you a hard time for selling the fuel door - seems you sorta did that for fun just to see how it would work.

I'm sure this is answered in the other thread but care to share how you make the pattern? Is that just part of the carbon fiber fabric and you just have to align is to the pattern is level? Is it cooler in person than in the pictures as I can't tell but I don't think I'd be a fan.
Thanks alot bud! No prob. Its a labor of love. As far as the pattern, it is time consuming. Imagine placing a pattern in reverse and not knowing how it will look like until the part is pulled out. Experiencing this made me come up with different steps for alignment to come out just right when ready to fit the door and receiver. And to answer your question if it looks better in person? Most definitely!

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have the standard carbon gas lid from him too. I frankly would have paid $600 for it. Its a work of art. It is not only carbon, but has moving parts, and is functional, the finish is perfectly smooth, the weave is perfect, the weave on the door and the ring line up perfectly. Its better quality than many massed produced parts, a real work of art. Better quality than some of the ReVerie parts I have purchased.

Oh by the way, when will by carbon footrest be ready? I am hoping the weather breaks within a month!
Wow!! Thank you so much! Posts like this is what its all about for me. Its great! Your footrest is coming along:up:

·
Registered
150 Posts
I saw it on Sunday and fell in love with it! Amazing craftsmanship! I own his regular CF door and love it! Only thing is you will have to get all your parts in honeycomb to match it.

·
Addict
2007 Lotus Exige S
1,514 Posts
I saw it on Sunday and fell in love with it! Amazing craftsmanship! I own his regular CF door and love it! Only thing is you will have to get all your parts in honeycomb to match it.
Will other parts be offered in this pattern to match? Maybe at least custom order?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts