The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Graphic by Rapid....

2772F033-3BE2-4152-A713-9ECD28194F68.jpeg
F9078B39-479A-4C70-ABC8-09099C4EC59D.jpeg

Thanks buddy! Couldn't be happier!

Registered
The Blue Meanie - 2006 Polar Blue Elise & Bernice - 2010 Chilli Red Mini Cooper S
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Registered
So maybe I need to get a laser engraver next......

Registered
Super cool.

This reminds me of something I saw in a Lotus mag once (pictures below). I would love to get something like this done one day.

View attachment 1286165
I had this on my Elise. It had a Lotus part number when I bought it at the dealership. It went with my car when I sold it. I have the original still but really shouldve kept this as it is a very cool part and I was always complemented on it.

Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
@Glamrock that looks awesome. @RapidLotus is the man. I bought some brake line clips and turn signal repair clips from him.
Was going to wait till I was done to post this but now seems appropriate. We have a laser etcher at work and I'm making a fancy mount for my resistor relocation project while my front clam is off. This is prototype 2, need to make the paint line cleaner and a few other tweaks. I will post the finished project to the resistor relocation thread when I'm done. Kids are helping with the fab, hence the shout-out.
Bottom line is that laser etchers are awesome!

Reactions: OmarP

Registered
@Glamrock that looks awesome. @RapidLotus is the man. I bought some brake line clips and turn signal repair clips from him.
Was going to wait till I was done to post this but now seems appropriate. We have a laser etcher at work and I'm making a fancy mount for my resistor relocation project while my front clam is off. This is prototype 2, need to make the paint line cleaner and a few other tweaks. I will post the finished project to the resistor relocation thread when I'm done. Kids are helping with the fab, hence the shout-out.
Bottom line is that laser etchers are awesome!

View attachment 1286166
OMG, so cool! Now I HAVE to get one, LOL. Awesome project, I may have to get one of those plates from you but my resistor pack is hanging in there, so maybe later.

Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
My resistors where fine but I figured if I didn't relocate them with the clam off they would surely fail the week after I put it back together.

Registered
My resistors where fine but I figured if I didn't relocate them with the clam off they would surely fail the week after I put it back together.
Yes, kind of like it will always rain after you detail the car. I would do the same if I had my clam off. The list is long I'm sure.

Reactions: quattro574

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Registered
2005 Elise, Racing Green metallic Lily
I had this on my Elise. It had a Lotus part number when I bought it at the dealership. It went with my car when I sold it. I have the original still but really shouldve kept this as it is a very cool part and I was always complemented on it.
I just emailed Dino at Gator Motorsport about this part and here was his response:

"Those no longer exist. I know this because we had the last 2 that were available in 2017 lol"

C'est la vie! :sneaky:

Registered
Super cool.

This reminds me of something I saw in a Lotus mag once (pictures below). I would love to get something like this done one day.

View attachment 1286164

View attachment 1286165
I had one of those on my 07 Exige S. Wiped it with India Ink to fill in the engraving with a subtle black.

Had the car at a C & C in Maryland years ago, somebody there posted this walk around of my car. Turn down the music. Filler door @ 40 seconds.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I had one of those on my 07 Exige S. Wiped it with India Ink to fill in the engraving with a subtle black.

Had the car at a C & C in Maryland years ago, somebody there posted this walk around of my car. Turn down the music. Filler door @ 40 seconds.

Super cool!

Registered

I'm pretty sure I bought that from you many years ago...

IMG-20120223-00027.jpg

Registered
+1 for RL's contributions!
Thank you! I have fun and it is great helping and getting help from all the members in this forum.

Registered

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Brother Rapid ( @RapidLotus ), you wouldn't believe the amount of compliments I've received on the fuel door since I added your graphic!

Registered
Brother Rapid, you wouldn't believe the amount of compliments I've received on the fuel door since I added your graphic!
Fantastic and glad to hear. LOL, kind of nice side effect of owning a Lotus. BTW, front plate decal on its way! Have a great day and say "Hi" to Mom.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts