The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently, we have been trying to add more new and creative bits to our B52 Bomber Ferrari 360 (Project IV). After finding a new set of wheels for the car we decided to make them truly become works of art. A new service we offer at SCC is our in house air brush artist who will turn anything that you would like into something completely different.

For example, we took this stock gray lip for the 360 and did a complete airbrush paint job with skulls, cross bones and of course... the Ferrari Horse!

Check it out below! Completed pictures are coming soon....

The wheels will be going on this car...

More custom creations at Specialty Car Craft!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
And I think Ish is gonna do the interior in purple ehsuede. Isss gonna look tight!!

I will say it's very nice and high quality work - reminds me of Mike LeValley, however, I'll be I'm not in the minority when I say that's an abortion for a Ferrari! Ferraris are classy, elegant sports cars. This seems like the sort of mod that would be ideal for a Hummer or perhaps a big decked out F350 pick up truck, or better yet, a Harley.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Again, I'll say - beautiful and super high quality work but better suited for cars other than Ferraris.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
...you've got that right.
Like I said earlier, excellent artwork, but definitely an acquired taste.

I can see it on a 32 Ford hot rod or a Hummer as part of some marketing on wheels promotional vehicle.

But on a Ferrari? Seriously?

Seems a bit too 'West Coast Customs' pimp for me. Reminds me of that epi of WCC where the fat sideways hat hood rat kid had a Murcielago totally de-classed and pimped out. All I kept thinking was 'drug money'

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
Like I said earlier, excellent artwork, but definitely an acquired taste.

I can see it on a 32 Ford hot rod or a Hummer as part of some marketing on wheels promotional vehicle.

But on a Ferrari? Seriously?

Seems a bit too 'West Coast Customs' pimp for me. Reminds me of that epi of WCC where the fat sideways hat hood rat kid had a Murcielago totally de-classed and pimped out. All I kept thinking was 'drug money'
Here at SCC, we do beautiful paint jobs with Lambo, Ferrari and Lotus stock colors. The cars look fantastic when we're done.

But we get alot of people who want paint jobs that are radically different on the same Ferraris, Lambos, Lotus, etc.

So here at SCC, we realize we have to go forward and try new concepts and new ideas. Or use some of the really cool older paint schemes.

I met the artist whose work you see above on the wheel, and spent a long time talking about going across automobile lines, using techniques applied to hot rods and lowriders...

I think it came out very nice for the client who specifically asked for this look.

If you have a look, be it stock or absolutely wild, come on over to the shop and talk with us. :D

·
Registered
9,273 Posts
I think it came out very nice for the client who specifically asked for this look.
+1. Why bust SCC's chops for doing something that an owner wanted? Especially when they did a great job at it.

We have a car here in town that has been painted like a torn bag of skittles with skittles falling out. That's what the owner wanted and that is certainly what he got. I wouldn't drive it, but whoever did the paint job did fantastic work. Would I have my car painted that way? Helz no... Would I have that shop paint my car? Helz yes... they obviously are full of talent.

I wouldn't put that wheel on my car, but I really do appreciate the mega talent and skill involved in making that piece and think that it looks very nice.

I like the suggestion above of a prancing horse skeleton in that mix...

The ONLY thing I have found wrong with SCC is they are on the wrong coast :(.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts