The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from Specialty Car Craft (SCC). I had a scrape on my left rear wheel and since I'm a perfectionist, I had to get it repaired. I had read only good things about them on this site, so I decided to give them a shot.

When I drove up to SCC yesterday afternoon, I noticed that they had at least 8 Lotus cars in their lot. That was a relief, especially since our cars are so fragile and we need someone who knows them well. The owners (2 brothers) gave me a royal tour and showed me all the custom work they do, including changing the rear of the Elise to delete the fins on the outside of the rear lights, adding the Exige-style grills to the Elise and putting stripes to our cars. They even have a flatbed tow truck that will safely get your Lotus to their shop should you ever need it. Once I felt comfortable with the shop, I dropped the car off and headed home.

I got a call from SCC today, letting me know that the car was already ready! I walked in and noticed that the scrape on the rim was completely gone and the wheel looked brand new. The car was sparkling clean too. To top it off, their prices were very reasonable.

I highly recommend these guys! They've been working on Lotus cars for several years and know their stuff! Plus, the owners are true gentlemen and definitely a class act! I've dealt with several body shops in the past and none have been this professional, efficient and classy... Two big thumbs up for these guys! It's very comforting to know that we have a local body shop that caters to Lotus drivers... Thank you SCC! :clap:

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You prolly saw my silver Elise getting the tail light fins shaved and filled along with the all the side markers! Steve is the man.
Yup, I saw your car... the rear clam was off and it was looking good! Post some pics when it's done...

·
Registered
87 Posts
you prolly saw my elise there as well getting a new clam and crash structure after some guy backed into me at a red light

·
Registered
739 Posts
I'm seriously considering smoking the tail lights to match the rear tail light panel. SCC is also doing my diffuser and center console semi gloss black. Shaving of the rear tail light fins and side markers makes a huge difference! Steve at SCC is the man.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Nice! In my opinion, the tail lights might look better if left alone, so it's not too dark back there... But, who knows, it may look good. You should drive it for a little while and see if you the regular tail lights bother you. Sweet looking car! Which exhaust is that?

·
Registered
739 Posts
Nice! In my opinion, the tail lights might look better if left alone, so it's not too dark back there... But, who knows, it may look good. You should drive it for a little while and see if you the regular tail lights bother you. Sweet looking car! Which exhaust is that?
Yea I decided to leave it non smoked. I love the contrast! With a black diffuser, black rear eliminator kit, black center console, shaved side markers, and of course the definned and blackened tail light panel, the car looks sick! I just got it back today.

I am running a MS Racing exhaust

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let's see the finished product!!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
my car is at SCC now again....they are going to get rid of the rear fins....also going to get rid of front turn signal lights....can't wait!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Dropped my Exige off at SCC yesterday. Drove down from San Francisco because I heard Steve was the best. I'm convinced. Excellent experience thus far. Would have driven cross country for this kind of service!

·
Premium Member
4,550 Posts
Dropped my Exige off at SCC yesterday. Drove down from San Francisco because I heard Steve was the best. I'm convinced. Excellent experience thus far. Would have driven cross country for this kind of service!
Wow, that's quite a far drive....what are you having done to your Exige?
I'll be there Thurs. to pick up my car...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts