The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Brian still in the business of working on these cars? If not, besides local dealerships.......... anyone know of other establishments in the Southern Orange County area that have been performing local maintenance on Lotus vehicles?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the information! Unfortunately, I spoke with Brian and he no longer performs service on Lotus. He informed me that he is going to school to service BMW's. BMW's gain is definitely Lotus' loss! NewportEuropean charges $250 for an oil & filter change! :crazyeyes IMHO....that is just bullsh*t! I'd take it to Jiffy Lube if it didn't have that "plate" on the undercarriage! C'mon.......it's just a Toyota engine!

·
Registered
204 Posts
Unfortunately due a very heavy work load with my new BMW factory training program, I am unable to perform services on Lotus. I may on rare occasions be able to work someone in on a weekend, but you would need to come to my house in Fallbrook where my lift and tools are and I cannot guarantee my availability. (I would of course be able to make a commitment upon us talking, but I may not be able to make that commitment within the week or even month.)

I would like to thank everyone who has shown their support. I still love the Lotus marque and hope to be in my very own again soon!

Cheers,

Brian

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thanks for the information! Unfortunately, I spoke with Brian and he no longer performs service on Lotus. He informed me that he is going to school to service BMW's. BMW's gain is definitely Lotus' loss! NewportEuropean charges $250 for an oil & filter change! :crazyeyes IMHO....that is just bullsh*t! I'd take it to Jiffy Lube if it didn't have that "plate" on the undercarriage! C'mon.......it's just a Toyota engine!
And in regards to the oil change prices at certain places, it could be due to two things.

1. If the dealership is busy then it resorts to supply and demand. A cheap oil change doesn't make sense when they have much larger more profitable jobs coming in. I know it sucks, but unfortunately it can be that way a lot of the time.

2. Some places I have seen do more then change the oil on these cars. For instance, my service consisted of a full point inspection as well as oil change. I also offered a change by itself for less, but it is really recommended with these cars to inspect them each time since they are a bit more extreme and things tend to rattle loose or get worn out quicker (depends on how they are driven).

I know this doesn't make things better, but hopefully some will understand this as being a small price to pay for having one of the best driving experiences on the road.

As for my work, I may start things back up out of my house in a couple months, but I have just started school and a new part time job and need to get in the swing of things before I can think about taking another thing on my plate. I want to make sure I have time to offer a proper service that you all deserve.

Thanks again and stay tuned.

Cheers,

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts