The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these on all my vehicles. Anyone install them on Evora yet? On Elise they were 1010S (10wrench size) on rears and ?101's on front (11mm wrench size).

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
I have them on my Z. Makes bleeding brakes much easier at the track.

·
Premium Member
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Use them before every track day or every year or so on street cars.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Have you thought about pressure bleeding? Since I've change over with all of my cars it's been much easier and even works well with the clutch.

·
Premium Member
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How much easier can it be to loosen the bleeder and pump the brakes till clean fluid is seen? I know about pressure bleeders but they seem cumbersome in comparison??

·
Premium Member
11,323 Posts
I sort of disagree.

1. Pumping brake pedal usually puts the m/c piston into the rough, unused area of the cylinder, shortening the life of the seal.

2. To get the best pedal, tap the caliper right before opening the bleed valve. This get all the bubbles clinging to the metal into the stream so they are bled.

3. I use a cheap Sears hand vacuum pump and brake bleed kit and don't even remove the wheels or lift the car. Pump it up, tap, bleed = best pedal I ever got in each car.

no muss, no fuss, to steal an advertising phrase.

·
Registered
156 Posts
A good pressure bleeder is pretty simple and staight forward. Simply empty out the fluid reservoir with a syringe or turkey baister then re fill it half way. Pour the fresh fluid into the pressure bleeder tank, and screw the cap onto the master. Then pump it up and go to each corner open the valve until you see cleaner fluid and move on. No need to worry about filling the master like you do with either a vac or speed bleeder. No need to run around the car to check fluid, check reservoir, pump pedal. and you don't run the risk of damaging your master seals by pumping too deep. ( my car came with a bad master it's a full front clam off job to fix so you really don't want to take the chance of damaging the master)
When your done you just release the pressure and top off the master.
I've got to say with 30+ yrs of tracking cars and being obsessive about brakes I'd never go back to any other type of bleeding.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts