The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

So here's the issue...my condo complex has a speed bump at the entrance that I just can't avoid. It's also not a very wide driveway so approaching it at an obtuse angle looks pretty difficult.

Will an Evora clear it? I don't think I can get a test drive car all the way down here so I have no sense if it would be a deal breaker. (and yea...no I can't move lol)

·
Super Moderator
5,461 Posts
It depends...

It will probably be OK height wise but is just and issue with approach and departure. Is it flat leading up to it and away from it or is it at the top/bottom of a ramp?

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Hi guys,

So here's the issue...my condo complex has a speed bump at the entrance that I just can't avoid. It's also not a very wide driveway so approaching it at an obtuse angle looks pretty difficult.

Will an Evora clear it? I don't think I can get a test drive car all the way down here so I have no sense if it would be a deal breaker. (and yea...no I can't move lol)
You will be fine, we have some bad ass speed bumps here, and mine clears them fine. As long as the speed bumps meet some sort of regulation size, you are fine. The Evora is low, but not any more than many other production cars.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'll post a pic tomorrow when I can get it in the light, and then you all can say...

thanks!

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Even with the boards, you can see how well it clears...with the splitter too. My diffuser can be more of a problem.

This is nothing compared to my elise

Attachments

·
Registered
412 Posts
My Evora clears speed bumps which scrape my Saab 9-5 wagon. :huh:

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am very impressed with the Evora's ability to clears speed bumps and so on. Today I was going down a parking into a garage I thought no way the Evora would clear. I was just waiting for the front bumper to touch the ground, but it cleared it.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Normal speed bumps you clear with no problems. Interestingly, there is a very not-rounded speed bump near my house that used to bottom out very slightly in the middle of the car after the front wheels cleared if I had any speed at all. Now with the upgrade to the S, it never bottoms out on that bump.

The Evora does incredibly well with speed humps (where there is a ramp up, flat area for pedestrian crossing, ramp down). I have these all around my area and I can go over them faster than most other cars--probably has something to do with rigidity of the frame.

·
Premium Member
504 Posts
Lotus Evora Ground Clearance: 4.7"
Mazda Miata Ground Clearance: 4.6"

Nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
2,380 Posts
Speed bumps ok. Curb gutters from road to driveways sometimes not.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts