The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You may be familiar with the series "Victory by Design" on the Speed Channel. It's a fantastic series that looks into the history of certain marques and shares how innovation and design from those cars have influenced the automotive landscape.

Alain de Cadenet is the host and the series has covered such notatable marques as Alfa, Ferrari, Porsche, Aston Martin, Maserati & Jaguar. Well, great news! The Victory by Design crew recently completed the filming of the episode that covers Lotus. Filming took place at the Barber Motorsport Museum and Track and in the UK.

The initial airing of Victory by Design - Lotus is on December 19th (Monday) at 9pm (EST) - http://www.speedtv.com/programs/192/

Sounds like a great excuse to have a viewing parties. Speed does sell DVDs of each show ($25).

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
Cool - that's a great show.

If you can - please try to remind us as we get closer to the 19th.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Thanks Kiyoshi,

I just added it to my Tivo as a Season Pass :up:

Alfa Romeo is on Sunday:)

Patrick

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Dave said:
Argh...same time as Monday Night Football. Better set the DVR. :D
I seems that they also show it at 2PM on Sunday :up:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Awesome, I've been waiting to see this exact show. Thanks for the heads up Kiyoshi.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Barber Motorsport Museum

Can't wait to see it. The Barber Motorsport Museum is in Birmingham (Alabama). If you're ever there, it's definately worth a stop. They have some awesome vintage Lotus race cars, and a truly unbelievable motorcycle collection. I visited before they moved into their new location. It was a slow day, and they showed me around their restoration shop where they had a couple of Lotus formula one cars, and an old Mark VI and of course many motorcycles. Super nice people.

·
Premium Member
186 Posts
Wahoo! TiVo is patiently awaiting the airing.:coolnana:

·
Registered
2,269 Posts
choi0706 said:
can anyone put this online?
If I remember correctly, you can purchase hard copies
of the vehicle too. Probably about $20 - $25 for each
show. They have Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, Aston Martin,
Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini, Jaguar.....and of course Lotus.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Amen to TiVo, I love that device. Tv watching's never been so easy, and lazy:nanner:

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
Ridgemanron said:
If I remember correctly, you can purchase hard copies
of the vehicle too. Probably about $20 - $25 for each
show. They have Ferrari, Maserati, Porsche, Aston Martin,
Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini, Jaguar.....and of course Lotus.
... and the DVD is 80 minutes long as opposed to the 40 minute version to be shown on Speed.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Update on the air times...

Monday Dec 19
EST 9pm
CST 8pm
MST 7pm
PST 6pm

Repeat showing
EST 1am (Tues AM
CST 12m
MST 11pm
PST 10pm

Watch it! Then go out an buy the DVD to get the full widescreen 5.1 version (the URL listed by Patricko or on Amazon).

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Here's what the SpeedTV website lists:

-----
SCHEDULE - All Times Eastern & Subject To Change

Show Date
Lotus Mon, Dec 19 9:00PM new
Lotus Mon, Dec 19 1:00AM

*When setting your VCR remember that programming airing between midnight and 6:00AM should be scheduled using the next day's date.
Return to Programming
PROGRAM

----

So do you think it will be late Sunday night / Monday morning (actual 1am of Dec 19th) or will it be late Monday night / Tuesday morning (since it's listed after the 9pm showing)? I'm guessing it's AFTER Monday Night Football.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Bump

4 more days...

Have you set your VCR/Tivo/DVR???

How about inviting a few Lotus friends and/or fellow ETalkers over and having a viewing party?

Cheers,
Kiyoshi

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is great news, I have all six of the previous DVDs (and they are great) and was hoping they would come out with one about Lotus, I went on there web site to see if they had any new releases only about 6 weeks ago and there was no mention of this. I cant wait!!!

Michael

1 - 20 of 66 Posts