The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Cool, i had work done to my car at the shop the Porsche was dyno'ing at in the movie. I'll definitely check it out once its on air.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I lost all respect (not that I really had much) for Supercars Exposed after that episode where the first thing Tanner Faust did once he got on the track was remove the helmet that they'd gave him to wear. Talk about the wrong message to give the audience.

Yet I keep watching. =/

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
in one of the last episodes they showed him driving and talking without a helmet on but every clip to the outside of he car showed him driving with the helmet on...oops Was an Audi R8 I believe

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I can let the cat out of the bag and tell you who won :p Anyone want to know?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
ill guess ford gt

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Seems arbitrary either way, what are they doing, just straight up drag race? Fastest time? Top Speed? Seems like 'Pinks' meets 'Supercars Exposed'.

I wonder if they'll have an Ascari A10, or a Koenigsegg CCX, or even a Veyron there. I hope they at least have a McLaren F1!

Sadly I expect none of the above, we'll see more Lambo, Ferrari, Porsche, and Ford GT. And the winner could be the Z06, if for no other reason than value.

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
1. Does the helicopter win?

2. My Corolla and I were somehow not invited...:crazyeyes

·
Registered
3,185 Posts

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
im guessing the white techart 997, it was smoking the viper for crying out loud...lol

sadly no elise or exige

super car exposed is mediocre at best, but we have nothing else stateside so i watch it when i catch in on speed

yea its american so its all about about 1/4miles, top speed, and HP numbers, so primitive

when does this episode air, kinna interested in seeing the show, esp after the viper mishap

thanx for sharing

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
VRalexander won in his Porsche 996 twin turbo tuned by Tuning Technologies in Colton, CA (yes they're an Evo shop) Tuning Technologies

Here's VRalexander's comments regarding the experience: Thank you Tuning Technologies - evolutionm.net

I'm not sure what type of track setups they did on the airstrip, so i guess we'll have to see what testing criteria they did when they air on a Monday night in May sometime. I'm guessing you won't see the other exotics listed above since all the cars in the show were modified and i can't imagine someone bringing a modified Veyron :p

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I just realized after reading this thread and thinking about all the Porsches I see on the road... Porsches are to the sports car world as Honda Civics are to the import car world. They have the most disproportionate number of tasteless mods, they're everywhere, and more than 75% of their owners are annoyingly douche.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I just realized after reading this thread and thinking about all the Porsches I see on the road... Porsches are to the sports car world as Honda Civics are to the import car world. They have the most disproportionate number of tasteless mods, they're everywhere, and more than 75% of their owners are annoyingly douche.

lol, i actually know a shop that works mostly on Porsches and the owner actually hates Porsche owners says "they're all a bunch of primadona's (did i spell that right?) who can't drive." But this shop owner holds the record for fastest lap in his class at Streets of Willow with Porsche Owners Club.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
im guessing the white techart 997, it was smoking the viper for crying out loud...lol

sadly no elise or exige

super car exposed is mediocre at best, but we have nothing else stateside so i watch it when i catch in on speed

yea its american so its all about about 1/4miles, top speed, and HP numbers, so primitive

when does this episode air, kinna interested in seeing the show, esp after the viper mishap

thanx for sharing
If its about Qtr mile times...why didnt it go all the way back to the Ford 500? Didnt that thing run 10s from the factory on tires from the 1960s?!!

I saw a Pantara in the mix...if its not about turns and top end numbers...they are clearly using the wrong mix of cars.

Disclaimer: I did not watch the episode, nor will I. Based off this post, Im thinking they are only looking at 1/4 mile times. If thats the case, they should have put some slicks on a Hemi Dart or real american muscle.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That show blows, that's the second episode i watched and it was worse than the first one. They were running at night so you really couldn't see anything except for head lights and a dust trail.. drivers were getting lost in the dust/darkness.... the pavement was all dusty so it was good there wasn't much cornering. The host of the show seem like a douche bag too...

ohhh i think they got the idea for that episode from that movie "redline". Think it was the worst movie i've ever seen...

How is it we can't come up with a good show like top gear.. an American one.. sheesh

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
But that sleeper Porsche?

Looks stock...goes 190.

Fantastic...VRalexander won in his Porsche 996 twin turbo tuned by Tuning Technologies in Colton, CA (yes they're an Evo shop).

The "course" was not good for Lotus. One little chicane and a half mile straight.

Still...we shoulda been included.

·
Premium Member
11,901 Posts
Okay, I am now thoroughly confused.

It this "fastest street car shootout" a show on TV, on Speedchannel?

Or, is it only on the internets?

A search of Speedchannel came up 0.

So, how does one see this stuff?

thanks in advance...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts