The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's called SuperCars Exposed. I caught it on 5/19. They started out with a look at a Spyker C8 SWB. They didn't get to "test" it, they had a planned CHP stop and they then shut down a 1 mile section of Mullholland Drive in the next day or so and then tested a 997 Porsche (they miss spelled it on the program as Porche, but is was spelled correctly in the Closed Captioning), F-430 Ferrari and the Sector 111 Exige.

The outcome made me feel good and (not to give it away) it came out just like I thought it would. Even my wife knew what would happen.

If you get a chance, check it out!

I also hear they are doing a "101 Cars You Must Drive" (?) anyone hear about this one? I'd like to know if Lotus is one of the cars. Anyone seen a list of cars they'll be driving?

Thanks!

Ben

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
:popcorn:

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:rolleyes: Oh, look... a search button! I wonder what it does?

:wallbang: Sorry guys. It was late... I didn't check first. Please don't kill me, PLEASE!!

Ben

·
Registered
430 Posts
It's called SuperCars Exposed.
Worst. Show. Ever.

Who makes these shows? My kid sister? Seriously, if you thought Superbikes! and Pinks! weren't gay enough, here comes another poorly conceived and executed embarrassment to the automotive community.

I watched one episode and my face hurt afterward from all the cringing. I mean if you can't not suck on your own, at least try ripping off Top Gear or Fifth Gear or any other show not shot by a retired local news crew. And isn't the host that dude from Queer Eye?

Rant off (and so is the Speed Channel from my television).

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
It's called SuperCars Exposed. I caught it on 5/19. They started out with a look at a Spyker C8 SWB. They didn't get to "test" it, they had a planned CHP stop and they then shut down a 1 mile section of Mullholland Drive in the next day or so and then tested a 997 Porsche (they miss spelled it on the program as Porche, but is was spelled correctly in the Closed Captioning), F-430 Ferrari and the Sector 111 Exige.

The outcome made me feel good and (not to give it away) it came out just like I thought it would. Even my wife knew what would happen.

If you get a chance, check it out!

I also hear they are doing a "101 Cars You Must Drive" (?) anyone hear about this one? I'd like to know if Lotus is one of the cars. Anyone seen a list of cars they'll be driving?

Thanks!

Ben
It's a good show!

Tanner Foust is a great drifter/driver/host. :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I like the episode where he's trying his hand at highend car sales and is trying to sell a high end car to an ass.

"This is a Carrerar GT", says Tanner
"Tell me...what am I getting for this car." says the ass.

Was this guy acting or is he really just an ass? :D

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
Worst. Show. Ever.

Who makes these shows? My kid sister? Seriously, if you thought Superbikes! and Pinks! weren't gay enough, here comes another poorly conceived and executed embarrassment to the automotive community.

I watched one episode and my face hurt afterward from all the cringing. I mean if you can't not suck on your own, at least try ripping off Top Gear or Fifth Gear or any other show not shot by a retired local news crew. And isn't the host that dude from Queer Eye?

Rant off (and so is the Speed Channel from my television).
The show is ok at best.

But its definitely not as bad as this guy wants to make it out to be.

BTW i think its soo old that the season is over and they are now showing re-runs.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Worst. Show. Ever.

the voice over guy is the announcer from the local NBC sports anchor.

I agree it's not the greatest of shows, but they obviously have only a tiny fraction of the budget of the sleeker big budget productions like Top Gear.
they're not doing a prime-time show, or even a cable show as far as I can tell? Looks more like a show for NBC affiliates to plug into their 5pm or 3am weekend slots.
-just one step above a public access channel show :D

·
Registered
430 Posts
Woah. I thought I was swinging low. :D

What don't you like? The cars? The host? Maybe you're one of those NASCAR fans :D
What don't I like? The host is effeminate Melba toast with no opinion about anything, the camera work is high school AV grade crap, and whoever's cutting it at the very least needs to look into a good community college summer course on the basics of editing.

The Aston Martin they had on the episode I watched is one of my favorite cars ever. When the show was over, not so much. Those kids who run around in Beverly Hills shooting cars on the street with their mom's camcorders do a better job.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
the voice over guy is the announcer from the local NBC sports anchor.

I agree it's not the greatest of shows, but they obviously have only a tiny fraction of the budget of the sleeker big budget productions like Top Gear.
they're not doing a prime-time show, or even a cable show as far as I can tell? Looks more like a show for NBC affiliates to plug into their 5pm or 3am weekend slots.

You're confusing "Whipnotics" (which is the local show with the local sportscaster hosting) with "Supercars Exposed" which has Tanner Faust hosting.
Supercars Exposed is not a whole lot better than than Whipnotics though

·
Registered
223 Posts
BIG REPOST!!!

IMO, there were only two good episodes:

1. The s111 Exige (which I believe was the first episode) vs. the F430 & 911 (turbo, if my memory is correct)
2. The episode where the host drives that HOT blonde around! I don't even remember the car they were in, just the chick!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts