The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,404 Posts
Verynice review! I can confirm every bit of it, having had both the fun on track and the challenge of sleet and ice (there are better cars for the second, their names generaly start with "A" and "Q").

·
Registered
443 Posts
Great read and gorgeous pictures! Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
"You might say you’d bloody well expect it to have some luxury, given the $80,000 price tag. But seriously, the car is so good to drive that all the extras just felt like early Christmas presents."

Best quote ever.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I take offense at the "Guerrilla in the Mist" comment with a dark Evora in the back ground. That's just plain offensive to Gorillas. :)

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
killer link Lionzoo - thx as i have never heard of Speedhunters.

rickyj - after reading this i can't see how you say no to an Evora:)

in the end and after 6 months of reading and following this site, i said to heck with some of the stories; i have to at least try one of these cars

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Being an elise owner with a second kid on the way the evora is really starting to appeal to me.

Not that you could actually fit kids in the back seats =P. Just that the wife is more likely to ok the purchase lol!

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
Being an elise owner with a second kid on the way the evora is really starting to appeal to me.

Not that you could actually fit kids in the back seats =P. Just that the wife is more likely to ok the purchase lol!
But you can fit kids in the back seat. It was a main factor when got my Evora.

·
Registered
7,243 Posts
This fellow definitely understands what we like in our cars.

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
I'm also surprised the comments don't rant about the "Camry engine" or "Cayman is a better buy" or "My 'Stang will smoke it".

·
Premium Member
666 Posts

my 18 year old son got a short ride home in the back; sat behind me and put his legs over by passenger side which is something you can't do with a porsche due to the large hump seperating back seats.

also look on this site for someone's mod picutres of this week??? - he put in double child seats and those kids had huge smiles in the pic's

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
my 18 year old son got a short ride home in the back; sat behind me and put his legs over by passenger side which is something you can't do with a porsche due to the large hump seperating back seats.
You can do it on a 911 but not on a Boxster....MAYBE (some how) in a Cayman. When I had my Boxster S, my (then 4 year old) had to sit in the passenger seat. I always felt a little nervous driving top down on the freeway with him but fortunately, we mostly took back roads going places.

So, while the Evora's rear seating may not be comfortable, it does let you stuff someone back there reasonably well. And, if someone wants 4 people to fit comfortably, then they really need a sedan and not a sports car.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
My twin 4 year olds LOVE it back there! It's like a spaceship.

·
Premium Member
666 Posts
You can do it on a 911 but not on a Boxster....MAYBE (some how) in a Cayman. When I had my Boxster S, my (then 4 year old) had to sit in the passenger seat. I always felt a little nervous driving top down on the freeway with him but fortunately, we mostly took back roads going places.

So, while the Evora's rear seating may not be comfortable, it does let you stuff someone back there reasonably well. And, if someone wants 4 people to fit comfortably, then they really need a sedan and not a sports car.
i meant you cannot sit on one side of the rear in a 911 and park your legs over to the other side because of the hump. he could sit behind my seats in the 911's i had - i wasn't particularly clear there - but he did refuse to sit in the back seats of the 911 cab as the upper seat rest angles with almost a 20 degree forward slant.

i still can't believe they didn't correct that inward canter on the 991 cabs rear seats - stupid imo.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts