The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have these left over from doing my cluster mod from Sugeray. Two sets are the same diameter and height as the stock ones. One set is from the Intrepid. All led rings are red and 12 volts. I connected mine to the the green wire running lights. $40 a set.
PM me
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401644947.936182.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401644965.925467.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401644983.435691.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401644997.015918.jpg
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401645016.280392.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Alpaca Wrangler
139 Posts
I'll take a set of lights (assuming that a set comes with 2 lights for the speedo and tach).

I have the exact same intrepid lights already.

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I may order some in blue, green and more red. But for now they are all sold. Message me if you want the stock size needles with LEDs or just rings. Thanks

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Is there an easy way to set the needles besides looking at a gps speed reading while trying to jam the needle on the speedo, all while trying to avoid crashing? Just curious if anyone has found an effective, safe technique.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
That is the most accurate way unfortunately. What I do is before removing the OEM ones, turn them fully counter-clockwise until they touch the stops. Then I put some tape on the faceplate, and make a pen mark where the tip of the needle is pointing. Then after you replace them, you can turn the needle counter-clockwise again, go past the stop (all the way around again if you have to) until it lines up with your mark. If replacing the faceplate, make the same mark on new faceplate. You can get them pretty close this way. Also before removing the needles, plug and unplug the cluster a few times and see where they point after the 'calibration' thing where the needles look like they're having a seizure. (the cluster is driving them 360 degrees counter-clockwise (against the stop), so it can guarantee they're pointing where it thinks they are)

Usually they're pointing just a bit below 'zero' when fully turned against the stops.

I've also left them slightly loose (still stuck on the shaft, but loose enough to move) and driven around watching the GPS / tach readout with a bluetooth OBDII reader. Then I can just reach in and 'nudge' them to the correct spot before fully pressing them down (while stopped of course). :)

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have some more needles and led rings. I have 3 sets that are white with blue or green LEDs. 5 sets that are red. Also have extra LEDs in red, blue or green.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1403749752.370894.jpg

·
Registered
273 Posts
Kamsden, are those the Harley needles in the pics?

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's hard to capture the color, but this is the blue rings, pic just shows to bright, but is a neon blue. More the color you see in the background.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1403754548.743383.jpg

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The install is not that hard. Once you have the cluster out, take it apart to glue in the LEDs around the the needle post. Add some longer wire to the two wires to make installing the cluster back in easy. Behind the power pack is a green wire with a disconnect. This is the day time driving light. You can connect the positive here and connect the negative to where you reconnect the power pack back to the dash. I personally left my day lights off and only connected the rings.
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1403805114.579983.jpg

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Still have one needle set in white, comes with blue LEDs and a set of green for Guinea Pig. Looks cool in green also.
Still have 4 sets in red. Also blue, red and green LEDs ring for $25.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts