The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Speedos - do you wear them? no forget that...

Has anyone checked the calibration of their speedometer? just wondering if the 2008s are still a few % over as my 2005 was.....

Thanks

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yeah, Mine's 15% over. i'm told the signals coming from all 4 wheel sensors were spot on - but instruments shows higher.

Now waiting for a new instrument cluster to arrive my AD say you can't recalibrate.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Speedos - do you wear them? no forget that...

Thanks
Well, since you asked, I'm trying to get away from speedos and try out these new "thongs for men" and see if maybe they won't leave a mark as the wifey is getting upset with my tire marks....

·
Registered
257 Posts
Am I wrong to think that we are adding more miles to our cars when we are off on MPH?

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think mine is off, but this is based on the speed according to my Garmin. I get to drive several different vehicles for work and for the most part the Garmin is spot on those cars. Who knows, I don't know what to trust now... :shrug:

·
Registered
1,566 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think mine is off, but this is based on the speed according to my Garmin. I get to drive several different vehicles for work and for the most part the Garmin is spot on those cars. Who knows, I don't know what to trust now... :shrug:
I did the same thing with a Tom Tom, all other cars it was pretty dead on. In the Elise it was consistently over from 4 - 9 mph.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts