The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Thanks. I started watching it at 9:00 and my power went out about 5 minutes later due to a thunderstorm:(

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
1HOTBMW said:
993, Thanks alot for the clip. I missed the first hour of the show last night because of the Sopranos and I wanted to see what they had to say about the elise. thanks again -Michael.
Ditto, at that point it was far more important to see what Tony was going to do (specially after the bizzare psychedelic episode of last week.)

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I missed it because of the season finale of Alias! that's the only show I try to watch on TV ( my 3 year old daughter has control of the remote the rest of the time!). Thanks 993 for the clip!

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
Thank God for Tivo.

We had a conflict here. Sopranos and Deadwood on HBO HDTV, with Sopranos being an incredible episode. Holy crap. But there was other members of the family that had to watch Law and Order finale. And then there was Spike.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Randy Chase said:
with Sopranos being an incredible episode. Holy crap.
No kiddin, I was very surprised to see you know who get wached for you know what. Then there was the you go F youself to Johnny Sacks from Tony S; story nicely led up to that point and Johnny's ego didn't leave Tony S an 'honorable' and 'face saving' way out of it...The final episode is better be one hellouva an episode becuase they left a lot of loose ends.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Soprano's continued...

babak said:
No kiddin, I was very surprised to see you know who get whacked for you know what. Then there was the you go F youself to Johnny Sacks from Tony S; story nicely led up to that point and Johnny's ego didn't leave Tony S an 'honorable' and 'face saving' way out of it...The final episode is better be one hellouva an episode becuase they left a lot of loose ends.
Just to keep it car related...

Yeah, as C looked lovingly at his H2 and then saw the "average Joe" in his POS nearby. Well, you-know-who's fate was sealed at that moment. and Johnny Sacks- definitely a guy you love to hate! Next week's finale (actually skip a week due to Mem. Day) will have a lot to tie up in one episode. Is it a 2-hour show?

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts
babak said:
The final episode is better be one hellouva an episode becuase they left a lot of loose ends.
Kinda a little off topic. :) As I understand it, David Chase tried to wrap it up this season and decided it was not possible to do well so it will wrap up next season. They are building to some major showdowns between the NJ and NY families... and between Tony S, Tony B, and Christopher. At the end, there may only be one man left standing.

I was totally fooled (duh!) by that drive in the woods to the hospital. In retrospect it was obvious, but I was thinking "how odd, this looks more like a dirt road in a forest than a road to a hospital." :)

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
On the dirt road being obvious- I was surprised too Randy. There has been a lot of media speculation that the dream episode "jumped the shark", but I think Sunday's episode put that theory to bed.:)

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Randy Chase said:
Thank God for Tivo.

We had a conflict here. Sopranos and Deadwood on HBO HDTV, with Sopranos being an incredible episode. Holy crap. But there was other members of the family that had to watch Law and Order finale. And then there was Spike.
Randy, I have Dish HDTV right now, but anticipate - painful as it may be - switching to DirecTV because of this unit:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/aboutus/headline.dsp?id=12_18_2003A

"A customer can simultaneously record two different programs from DIRECTV, ATSC or one from each, while watching a pre-recorded program all at the same time. This means a customer can watch one high-definition program while recording two other high-definition programs."

Problem solved.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I use a Scientific Atlanta 8000HD with Time Warner...HDTV DVR...with similar features.

Need4Speed said:
Randy, I have Dish HDTV right now, but anticipate - painful as it may be - switching to DirecTV because of this unit:

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/aboutus/headline.dsp?id=12_18_2003A

"A customer can simultaneously record two different programs from DIRECTV, ATSC or one from each, while watching a pre-recorded program all at the same time. This means a customer can watch one high-definition program while recording two other high-definition programs."

Problem solved.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
993 said:
I use a Scientific Atlanta 8000HD with Time Warner...HDTV DVR...with similar features.
Cable can give better SD quality for some digital televisions in my experience. Do you have TiVo-like functionality with that setup? Can you Season Pass shows?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I use a Sanyo projector for a 10 foot HDTV picture, and a 35 inch Trinitron for regular broadcasts (although HDTV looks great on it in 480 mode.) The DVR is tivo-like, I'm not sure about season pass...

Need4Speed said:
Cable can give better SD quality for some digital televisions in my experience. Do you have TiVo-like functionality with that setup? Can you Season Pass shows?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
993 said:
I use a Sanyo projector for a 10 foot HDTV picture, and a 35 inch Trinitron for regular broadcasts (although HDTV looks great on it in 480 mode.) The DVR is tivo-like, I'm not sure about season pass...
It's nice to know about other options.

The big draw for me to switch there beyond the HDTV-recording capabilty is the user interface/recording flexibility of TiVo. My work schedule is all over the map, so that capability is really compelling.

Can you search by show name on your DVR?

10' screen sounds choice. I will upgrade to an HD front projection system after I move.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts