The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as a newphyte I'm curious, just how 'easy' is it to spin the Elise? I mean anybody can spin anything by stomping on the breaks in a corner. Having watched quite a few vids on Spinning Elises I'm beginning to wonder if I might have bitten off more than I can chew. I'm hoping to drive this in a spirited fashion on nice roades more than track (simple reality of life.) I guess a beter way to ask the question would be 'how forgiving is the Elise?'

·
Forum Founder
29,083 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Randy - are you sure it's mid-engined???;) :cool: :D

Realistically - you should never drive near the limits of a car on the street - take it to the track.

The thread that Randy references has some good info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have not spun mine myself. I have heard of it being done by others (not many). I don't want to put you off but, any excessive acceleration out of corners or late braking into; and braking in corners will cause the car to swap ends or at the very least give you an alarming wobble.

The elise is an enthusiasts car that leaves all the control upto you. Abuse your abilities and it will punish.

I have had a few wobbles when accelerating in a straight line too.

It is a great car drive it fast but sensibly and you will have years of safe fun. Go on you know it makes sense buy one and have the thrill of your life everyday.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

Realistically - you should never drive near the limits of a car on the street - take it to the track.
Thanks for the replies. I have no intention of driving within the limits on streets, I've dug up way too many of my biking buddies that way. However, reading the posts and seeing the videos made me wonder.

cheers,

·
Registered
3,927 Posts
If your pushing the limits or have a change in traction, it can be pretty easy to have the rear want to come around. Pushing that hard on public roads isn’t something that should be attempted, given the risk. Have a feeling the Elise will be a thrill ride even at 8/10. As you get to know the car if you want to start testing those limits its best in a safe setting & even better with some instruction.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
andykeck said:
I know that's just a typo but I love it.
Imagine my embarresment, Freudian slip? I hope note :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts